“Great service with clean and spacious rooms.”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I stayed at the Intercontinental and the service was great as well as the cleanliness of my room. The entire staff was great and I was even offered assistance with my lugguage. I have two words a pleasure and comfortable stay!

Jonathansi, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2009

It is our goal here at the Intercontinental Milwaukee to exceed every guest's expectations and we pride ourselves that you had a memorable experience while in Milwaukee. We appreciate your positive feedback for us to share with our team and look forward to serving you again in the near future to make more memorable milwaukee moments.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed here overnight Saturday November 7, 2009. The Hyatt was sold out and we wanted to stay somewhere nice within walking distance of everything downtown. Check was great. The male who checked us in was very friendly and upgraded us to a top floor suite. The room was nice but dated. I expected much more from the Intercontinental. The bathroom was completely below average for this type of Hotel. The little shampoo bottle was half full...obviously re-used from the prior guest! The shower took forever to get slightly warm. I took the quickest shower ever due to the temp. The bed was super comfortable! The music playing in the lobby at 0600 hours was obnoxious. Kind of techno/electronic. More mellow music would be comforting. Overall, the hotel is nice, but did not live up to my expectations. This was the first time I have ever stayed at a Intercontinental. The best part of this property is the location. Parking is way too expensive for Milwaukee.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the staff... I apologize if the Room Attendant missed the shampoo bottle in your room but I can assure you when we say we recycle we don’t mean it in that way. That must have been an oversight by the Attendant, we do not reuse bottles. Since your posting we have been monitoring our hot water and it has been consistent at 110 degrees throughout the building. We did just undergo a complete renovation of our rooms and meeting space within the last three years, being the first to bring a hotel of style, progress and intrigue to the Milwaukee market. It’s still relatively new and I’m sorry to hear you found it “dated.” I will say we did have a lot of fun and excitement in our Lobby the night before, which is why the music had a little more volume then normal when you departed. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the energetic evening, Chocolate Bar or Bocci Ball in the Lobby. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

The room was clean and spacious. We had a handicapped room to accommodate a relative. The shower was accessible and had a chair, but lacked any no slip pads. The tile floor was slippery, so be careful if this is an issue. The bar downstairs, however, had terrible service. We wanted to watch football games before a wedding and it took 3 times asking and an hour wait before they changed the channel! Overall, nice hotel, but no exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2009

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate the compliments and apologize for our shortcomings, both of which have been addressed. We appreciate your business and your feedback has already assisted in making us a better hotel.

Steve Mackey Jr – Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed September 22, 2009

This was supposed to be the best Hotel in Milwaukee, but as usual Inter Con is never the best at anything but over charging, there is no free computer business center, and the charges to use the one provided were really high (lap top crashed). Front desk service is crap, no one that works there could tell me how to get to the nearest Apple store or Milwaukee's premier mall for that matter where said store is located (Mayfair)... Valet stole a dollar from me when I asked for change for the person who actually brought my car around. Food service trays were left in the hall for more than 24 hours, all along my hallway blinds in the room didn't work, bath tub was dingy... and staff asked me if I wanted my room cleaned 4 times, and then didn't bother to do it... really the pits .. stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank JoshuaSims
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2009

Here at the InterContinental Milwaukee we are confident that our team works hard to spend extra time paying attention to the details, and if there were any oversights I sincerely apologize and assure you that was the exception and not the rule. We take great pride in our associates and their ability to provide top notch service. We have a staff that works diligently to constantly be “in the know” and familiar with the Milwaukee area, local business and the community to act as well informed hosts to all of our guests. Many of our staff are Certified Tourism Ambassadors for the City of Milwaukee, a program strongly supported by VISIT Milwaukee and City Hall, which is part of a nationwide program that gives extensive training on what our city has to offer. I am confident that our team works hard to spend extra time paying attention to the details, and if there were any oversights I sincerely apologize and assure you that was the exception and not the rule.

I would also like to add that the InterContinental Milwaukee is the only full service hotel in Milwaukee that offers free Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel for any and all guests and patrons to use. Our business center pricing is in line with our market.

Reviewed September 22, 2009

We found a really good price for this downtown hotel on Priceline. I put in a bid for downtown 4-star and this is what we got. At first I was disappointed because it wasn't the Modern, but we saved lots of money and the InterContinental was really great. Location is totally convient for walking to everything downtown. The staff was friendly from the beginning. Our king room was huge... including a sitting area. I also think there are some great happy hours specials for guests. We had a minor problem with the bill that was taken care of right away. Tip: Valet parking is not mandatory... I think parking in the city lot next door will work or on the streets if you time it right.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Beautiful hotel, great location, top notch staff. Painless and accurate check in/out process. Good sized room, comfortable beds--as comfortable as doubles can be--would some city hotel please catch on that if you have room for queens--PLEASE provide these over doubles which are NOT comfortable for 2 adults! (Except maybe for the couple in 928, who seemed so pleased with their room that we could hear them at 2:3O a.m.).

Fabulous location, convenient to the fun of the River Walk. Would highly recommend and would be my first choice for a hotel in Milwaukee when we visit again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Very nice hotel. It was obviously a remodeled old hotel. The lobby/hallways were done VERY nice. The rooms were not updated as well, esp. the bathrooms. The tub/toilet were showing their age. Cleaning service was horrible...there was dust everywhere. We had to switch rooms due to my allergies. The second room was not as bad, but not up to standards of an Intercontinental hotel. Beds were nice. Free internet access (wired and wireless). Fitness area was not as nice as they make it seem on their website. All and all the hotel is nice...as long as you don't mind dust and poorly cleaned rooms. The hotel really needs to gut the bathrooms and start over.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business