“Great Central Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“Great Central Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed for just one night and there were good things and not so good things.
The staff: Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and all seemed as if they enjoyed what they did.
The room: Overall the room was good. I went for the larger room with the king, but the top of the desk looked like it had seen better days as the veneer was all scratched up.
Noise: I can't fault the hotel for this but I knew at 6PM that I was going to have issues with my neighbors and needless at 3AM I was awoken by loud voices in the hall, especially one woman's who had that kind of voice that could peel paint. I called down to the front desk and someone did come up but needless to say I was up and it took awhile for me to go back to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary with an overnight stay and breakfast the next day. From the moment we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make our special occasion memorable. The hotel is very clean and beautifully decorated. The lobby bar and restaurant were very inviting and fun. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the heart of Milwaukee's theater district. I would highly recommend the Intercontinental.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My partner and I checked in and we were upgraded straight away! Our parking ticket was also changed to allow us to come and go as we pleased and only having to pay at the end.

We were then told about the attractions and restaurants that we should go to during our stay. We were recommended a gastropub that was walking distance from the hotel. The restaurant was very good!

The next day we went to Kil@wat, the hotel's restaurant. We had food that was very affordable and of a high standard.

On our last night we were also offered a complimentary
breakfast and more information about local attractions.

All of this was made possible by the front office supervisor, Paul. He organized the upgrade, the parking ticket and the complimentary breakfast. He made us feel more than welcome and is an asset to the hotel. We will be coming back!

• Stayed September 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First impressions are critical and our first impression was wonderful. The setting for the hotel is perfect. It is central to everything in central Milwaukee and its location is in a clean, safe part of town. Those are important considerations for most people and my wife most especially. The staff are what really makes the hotel worth the 5 stars. We stayed for two nights and everyone we met was kind, solicitous and exceedingly helpful. None of the staff appeared to be hungry for tips. If anything they appeared surprised and grateful when tips were tendered. We ate breakfast and one dinner in the hotel and the meals were excellent...and the prices were less than we expected to have to pay. The room was spacious, clean, well maintained and quiet. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel has it all. Great location, in the center of down Town, walking distance to Restaurant and River. The hotel is very clean and has very comfortable beds. The only thing I did not like is: everything is a extra charge like WI FI $19.80,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked a large number of rooms for a family wedding. At home printed out confirmations, everything was correct. At arrival, not correct. King rooms and doubles assigned to wrong night. Adjoining rooms not adjoining. But worked things out satisfactorily. Hotel is beautiful, pricey, but good overall.

• Stayed August 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Each time I visit the city of Milwaukee, I look forward to my stay at the Intercontinental because I know there will be no surprises. Sometimes surprises are good, but not when you are weary from travel and just want a good night's sleep. The Intercontinental always delivers on this and is never anything less than efficient. This is no small thing and I appreciate it. Just wanted to take note.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: Lower floor, close to elevator is my personal favorite.