The Intercontinental Hotel in Milwaukee was showing a colliection of paintings that my wife painted , and to make the night all sweeter it happen to be on the evening of her birthday. The staff went all out for her showing. A big beautiful open gallery. Sparkling wine! Lots of food ! And it was all free. About 40 of our friends and family attended, as well some walk ins from the hotels bar and lobby . They treated us like kings and queens. The staff was great. But we decided to spend the night, and celebrate with a suite. That's when the evening turned kind-of Sour. First of all, it turns out that even though they sell you a suite it's really what others call a junior suite. It was one big room with a king sized bed. When I brought this up to the desk they confessed that this was their version of a suite.
Suites are susposto be big fun, glamorous and usually made to impress. The suite at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee struck out in every inning . There was no dazzle when we opened the door . The room was a dull beige color. With two older looking swivel chairs made of a dirty looking fake suide material. And the carpet looked like a patchwork of remnants . It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The drapes didn't have any ends on and were falling off the drape rod . And the big metal panel that housed the heater fell down while we were drinking wine . The pole lamp didn't stand straight up , it leaned and the split in it's mid point was obvious. Lastly, in some points in the room the that ugly brown wall paper was peeling . So that was the big room. The bath room was worse. I was going to take a shower and the supply line valve came off in my hand. I could see a big spot on the floor of the shower where someone tried to repair the tiles . They did a crappy job and some of the tiles were sitting onto of other tiles in the shower(.I handed the tiles and the shower knob to the guy at the desk and this got meva free breakfast). And there was more stuff, petty stuff wrong with the room , like the price lable on the supply line to the toilet. And no shampoo or soap or conditioner. They're just little things , but this was a suite at the Intercontinental . And why only one bath robe? We're two people. We paid about three hundred bucks for this room. For that kind of money in Milwaukee a suite should be mouthwatering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental