WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Swanky hotel connected to the Pabst Theater and fab Kil@wat restaurant.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Blue Mounds
“Swanky hotel connected to the Pabst Theater and fab Kil@wat restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

What a nice treat leaving your hotel room..head down to a five star dinner and walk through the connected atrium to the Pabst Theater to a comedy show. Friendly staff, huge up to date workout area and great amenities. Worth every penny. We stayed on New Years Eve and had a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am always gratified when our staff enhances the stay with the service they offer. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent the entire weekend at the hotel for a wedding and our every need was met! The service from the front desk and concierge was remarkable (especially Mitchell, Josh & Daniel) they unloaded our car and brought everything to our room and unloaded for us. And did the same when we checked out! The wedding reception location (Grand Saloon) was beautiful and they took care of all the needs of the bride and groom. The lobby bar was very fun - even had chocolate fondue. The bartenders Rob, Ashley & Andrew were great! My only negative thoughts are (1) was that the hotel itself did not have a pool - we had to walk 6 blocks to their sister hotel to use that pool. There was no extra charge to use it and the pool was nice with views on the Big Lake from the 23rd floor. And (2) there are no connector rooms with double beds on both sides - only connectors with 1 king and double bed in other. But the hotel was great to bring in a comfortable roll away bed.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are HUGE - one of my other family members had one, I would request next time I stay...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I’m so delighted to hear we are your downtown “hotel of choice” when planning a night out in Milwaukee. Thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor!
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Prior to attending a show at the Pabst, my wife and I decided to stop by the IC's lounge Clear for appetizers and drinks. The lounge was not at all crowded and there were three waitresses working. We sat for ten minutes before a waitress made her way over, and actually watched two other tables go to the bar to serve themselves. Drink orders were taken, and we asked for appetizer menus. Again, a VERY long wait for the drinks to be served by a second waitress with only one of the two waters we requested. Waitress #2 did not take our appetizer order. We waited, finished our drinks (still no waitress). OK, we give up. Watched another table go to the bar to get their own check, and figured I'd do the same. Waitress showed up, and was shocked we were leaving. She left the check, never came back to get it. I ended up paying at the bar. The very helpful waitress at our next stop was probably pleasantly surprised at the size of her tip. She got the tip that the Clear staff didn't. Steer "Clear" of the Intercontinental lounge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. Let me first apologize for the untimeliness of service in CLEAR Lounge. Our Food & Beverage leadership team is constantly working to improve our procedures to make the overall experience prompt and pleasant for each of our guests. The difficulties you experienced are certainly not the ideal standard we work towards.
I hope that you will give us another chance to recover your trust, and receive the attentive service we strive to provide to each guest that we serve.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week at the Intercontinental Milwaukee in July 2012. I was very pleased with the extremely friendly hotel staff, the fantastic workout facility, the ping pong table in the lobby (played for hours...it's in a great spot, near the bar and the nightclub so you can enjoy the music while you're playing) the location is central to a lot of things downtown (public market, the waterfront...Summerfest was walking distance!) and there are several restaurants nearby and a block to Starbucks...) The hotel is beautifully decorated, modern, very clean...our room was spacious and we had a great view from the 9th floor. The king size bed was very comfortable...We had maps printed by the extremely helpful concierge desk, the bartenders were down to earth, good conversationalists and mixed some mean cocktails...fun...Parking was free in a secure underground garage connected to the hotel. The front staff was also very friendly...Our favorite front desk employee, Paul was fantastic...He was professional, gave us a complimentary breakfast coupon that we used on our last morning...A breakfast to die for in the hotel restaurant, which is 5 star...Excellent...I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Milwaukee and I would definitely return to this hotel. Thank you to all those folks responsible for making sure that the most minute details are attended to...we appreciated that!

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor on the corner...not sure of compass orientation, but we were across from th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all the generous compliments...I would love to shout them from a mountain top! Seriously, all reviews are used as learning tools. The great reviews are fun to use as they reinforce all that we hope occurs each visit a guest is with us. We hope we will have the pleasure of your company again.
Sherwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a night for a show in an adjacent theater. Check in was very friendly and quick. They had my loyalty card on file and credited. Location is perfect for the numerous adjacent theaters. Room was spacious and upscale, with good desk for business. Regular wi-fi is a bit slow but faster service is available for an upcharge if really needed. Lobby bar was busy and fun after the show. Really enjoyed visiting with friends in the happy atmosphere. The InterContinental has been and remains my hotel of choice when I need to stay "downtown".

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
...Love "hotel of choice" ...it is what we in the industry hope for with all our guests. I am delighted you found our lobby bar a happy atmosphere and that you shared it with friends. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope we have the pleasure of your company again really soon.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was very happy with my stay. The service is very friendly, I felt that everyone at the hotel tries very hard to make my stay enjoyable. The room was large and perfect. Got cupon for free breakfast, which was delicious (mango smoothie and eggs). My only wish is that this hotel group injects this energy and focus on customer to other hotels with the same brand - the hotel in Prague, Abu Dhabi, Moscow as not as friendly at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is so thrilling to hear we have set the bar for InterContinental Hotels, because we truly strive to create a memorable experience for each of our guests! Thank you for such an ideal review, we hope to have you back with us again soon!
Wheaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was extremely surprised and delighted by my experience at this hotel. It was beautifully and festively decorated for the Holiday Season, the rooms were updated, clean and cozy, and the location was great. But what stood out by far, was the extremely friendly, professional and helpful staff. In particular, Daniel, with the Bell Staff deserves high praise. He went over and above his call of duty to walk us to the entrance of our dinner spot, the Safe House, and make sure we had anything else we needed. He was a delight and the hotel should be very proud to have him on staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I actually used Priceline and received at $60 fee reduction from the standard rates.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fantastic feedback and recommendation! It is so exciting to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share such positive words about our Bellman, Daniel. He is truly a great asset to our team, and I will make sure to share your kind words with him.