“Amazing Experience”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was extremely surprised and delighted by my experience at this hotel. It was beautifully and festively decorated for the Holiday Season, the rooms were updated, clean and cozy, and the location was great. But what stood out by far, was the extremely friendly, professional and helpful staff. In particular, Daniel, with the Bell Staff deserves high praise. He went over and above his call of duty to walk us to the entrance of our dinner spot, the Safe House, and make sure we had anything else we needed. He was a delight and the hotel should be very proud to have him on staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I actually used Priceline and received at $60 fee reduction from the standard rates.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic feedback and recommendation! It is so exciting to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share such positive words about our Bellman, Daniel. He is truly a great asset to our team, and I will make sure to share your kind words with him.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Milwaukee

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed here in the past and really enjoyed our stay. The lobby was beautiful. We went to our room and the first thing we notice was it was not cleaned very well. There were feathers in the corners and crumbs on the floor. When we turned on the water in the sink, the cold water handle on the faucet fell off and we couldn't get it back on. The toilet didn't seem to be secured to the floor as it moved when you sat on it. The towels were very thin and they beds didn't have fitted sheets and the sheets kept coming off of the bed during the night. We called the desk and explained our problems and all the gentlemen said was, yea that has been reported before. We were not impressed at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

The most disheartening comment is the unresponsiveness of the front desk. I can assure you we are committed to bringing the best possible service experience to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing us and giving us the opportunity to learn from your experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good location, parking expensive. Rooms not made up till late in the day. Service managers friendly and helpful. Good hotel for business travelers rather than families. No pool or laundry facilities. Breakfast menu limited and expensive, but many good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Clean, modern and good service are wonderful compliments. Just so you know in the future you can always request a time for your room to be cleaned. Happy you found our location to your liking. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

A pleasant 2 day get away! The Interconinental is in the heart of Milwaukee's theater and historic district. Easy walk to the Third Ward and River Walk. The hotel is quiet and upscale with a very good restaurant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our king room has a nice sitting area apart from the "bedroom". The only thing missing is a small refrigerator. The WiFi is free, but very slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so delighted you found the hotel met your needs. By the way, we do have refrigerators but most of our guests do not use them. All you need do is request one at the front desk and one will appear very quickly to your room. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a large and well appointed hotel with good facilities in central Milwaukee.
Whilst this is in itself unremarkable the service from staff was very good and I have to highlight the courtesy and memory for drinks of Michael who attended our evening functions at the Wigwam Sales Meeting in October. Certainly worth considering for business functions or a private stay if you are in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been traveling to Milwaukee three times this month. This is my first time at the Intercontinental and wow they are good!! I was a checked in by two hot front desk guys, Paul W. and Theo. I was checked in so fast and they gave me a king size bed with a smile on their face. My husband and I practically live in hotels and we are both smiling large! We love our room, very spacious and they have great lemon soap. I requested towels and they came right up. We then went to the bar for happy hour. Our beautiful waitress, Elizabeth, gave me the best vanilla martinia that I have ever had. We are so pleased that we thinking of extending our 4 day stay to 6. This place feels good and the service is all smiles. Thank you so much for this experience. We are staying longer and wil return. God bless you all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

How fabulous for you to have extended your stay. Even better the fact that you will be returning. Paul, Theo and Elizabeth will be sure to get kudos. I so appreciate you being specific with personnel and services rendered. This review reflects our mantra of doing business and hope for each guest to experience. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was there only for one night, at a conference, but was very satisfied from my brief stay.
However, as I was there for a conference, i would have appreciated them enabling to check out later and they weren't very giving there.
That being said, it was comfortable and otherwise accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business