We stayed in this hotel Labor Day weekend – on a quick holiday trip from Chicago. The hotel location was very good – right on the riverwalk – with easy access to restaurants and downtown without a car. The parking garage is a little bit of a hassle. It does not appear to be owned by the hotel itself so parking directions were confusing and it was almost entirely full when we got there. We did not get the car out each day – but if you wanted to do so you might find it somewhat inconvenient.
We had after dinner drinks in the lobby bar (called CLEAR) a few nights in a row, and our server was quick to remember us. The lobby and bar have a nice clubby feel and some great changing lighting – the whole place certainly feels bustling. There were a few weddings taking place during our stay –so there seemed to be constant stream of crying bridesmaids and drunk groomsmen filling the elevators, bar, halls and lobby. It wasn't an imposition - you just have to be up for that sort of thing. One thing I enjoyed was a weekend chocolate buffet they set up at the bar. It was very well done, and you could select just a few dessert truffles to have with your drink.
We did have the opportunity to use the gym during our stay - which was fine with a few machine and towels and water. We were very impressed with the size of our room, as it had a whole separate sitting area with a second TV a couch and a coffee table. It was a perfect place for planning our day and using the wifi, which worked well. I was pretty under-whelmed with the quality of room cleaning, which occurred after 6pm each day and was nothing more than a hurried pulling up of the bed sheets. Throw pillows remained on the floor and the bathroom was not touched – we were forced to get new shampoo from the concierge downstairs. Aside from that – no other complaints and we ended our weekend with a lovely (and pretty reasonably priced) room service breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental