“Very good own own hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Portland, Oregon
“Very good own own hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great downtown location. Hotel has a little mileage on it, but very comfortable. Service excellent, upbeat, cheerful, including Bell staff, Front Desk, Room, Maid, and Banquet. Pricing reasonable. Look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: As high as you can get to lessen street noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I love it when I get to read all that is great about us...and you gave me much to smile about. As for the mileage, we are looking and working hard at updating. It is always the greatest compliment for someone to tell us they are looking forward to their next visit. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The first room they gave me had been poorly serviced and the bed had a huge puddle of pee, which luckly I noticed before unpacking or touching it. I called the maid which said that "she did not noticed it before". Later they sent someone else over to double check before offering us another room. Since I was tired and the second room seemed fine I let it be. Later I faced a few problems such as the room serviced after 4pm, very dirty behind the bed (looking desperately for an outlet to charge my iphone), problems with tv in room. Overall, I think its just a normal business hotel, the location is good with a park in front and one or two restaurants worth checking out, including the one in the hotel. But the room/cleaning problems during my stay dropped the rating for me.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shadowsc133
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear shadowsc133,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the cleanliness of the rooms. Thank you for alerting us and bringing this matter to our attention. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice room, great location, attentive lobby service. More or less walking distance from the lake, art museum, etc. as well as close to the river. Not a lot of retail and the downtown is fairly dead -- handy for a quiet night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all the positive comments on the hotel. Actually most of the time there is a lot going on downtown...make sure you check in with our concierge, Lee, who knows positively everything about downtown MKE. We hope to see you again.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I decided to spend a weekend in Milwaukee, and got a good rate at the Intercontinental. The room was very nice, as was the entire property. There was plenty to see and do in the immediate area, in fact, an art fair was in progress right across the street during our stay. we were out and about alot, and with the variety of available dining venues available nearby, we did not have dinner in. We did, however, have breakfast- it was wonderful! We both had the benedict oscar. Fresh crabmeat, avocado, wow! It was exceptional, I I feel it was a steal at $12.00 per person. I'd go back just for breakfast!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
So happy you chose us for your getaway and that we were able to provide such a nice experience. Our location is exceptional and there is always lots to do any time of year. I hope you will come back the next time you need to getaway.
Marfa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed for 5 days. Super tall ceilings in the room gave feeling of lots of space. The lobby bar and the restaurant are both great - felt like a break from the city. There was an error on the bill - these things happen - but the IC staff was both courteous and professional. They fixed the mistake and made up for it very nicely. This is not the case at other hotels. FYI - I reserve 5 stars for the most exceptional stays - so the 4 star is very good.

Room Tip: The King Deluxe is only about $20 more than a stnd room - a lot more space.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
So delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Mistakes do happen, and I thank you for being so understanding and mentioning our staff being quick to respond in correcting it. Thank you also for mentioning the restaurant as they work hard at providing the kind of food and service that is expected. I will make sure to share this review. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in town.
Norfolk Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I would highly recommend staying at this lovely hotel when visiting Milwaukee. The hotel is immaculately clean and well furnished. Best of all are the staff who are proactive to help guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for paying particular attention to the staff. They work hard at meeting guests' expectations. It is gratifying to hear their efforts gain notice. We hope the next time you are in town we have the pleasure of serving you again.
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed many times at the InterCon Milwaukee. They know me by name. The rooms are nice and I almost always get an upgrade. It's a great location, clean and the service is very nice. It's close to the lake and lots of great walking/running is available. The restaurant is nice too. It's a great place to stay for the business traveler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon M
It is always such a pleasure to know we are chosen by travelers as the place they wish to return to when in town. Thank you for all the compliments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.