“Centrally located and friendly/helpful staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Centrally located and friendly/helpful staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were on the 10th floor which is the top floor, which had a great view of the beautiful city hall building. The views of the rooms will pretty much only be North or East, not of the river, which is fine really. The windows could use some washing, but the room was very clean. The drapes are nice and heavy and block plenty of light. With the drapes closed and all lights turned on, the lighting is about medium. The doors do slam shut which is a bit annoying in the morning as early guests are leaving. The hotel has a sort of hip, nouvoue look to it and has clean, open common areas.

The staff is very, very friendly and helpful with advice. Within 4 blocks is best dining of the city, but the walking distance party spots are for the 21 y.o. crowd. It is about 8 or 10 blocks to the more upscale 3rd ward. The room cleaners will not be bothering you in the morning, they are respectful of not hassling you and knocking on your door early.

Parking at the hotel is $25 for 24 hours. you can leave your car there until 3pm of the day of your checkout.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
It is always a pleasure to read such a great review. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope the next time you are in Milwaukee we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and 1 year old son were hotel guests at the IC Milwaukee for 2 nights as part of a large group for a wedding celebration (that was also held at the IC.)
Upon check-in, we were greated with welcoming arms and smiles and at the front desk Paul went out of his way to accommodate us.

We were given a fabulous room that had a small separate area so that once we put the baby to bed, we were able to relax in the other section of the room and enjoy the ammentities.

Each time we entered and exited the beautiful hotel, whether it was Paul who noticed my small family of 3 or another front desk worker, we were assisted with directions, suggestions, and stellar customer service.

I would highly reccommend this hotel to my family and friends in the future, and compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Milwaukee where I visit perhaps once every few years, this is the only place I will continue to give my business to.

Thank you again, Paul!

Room Tip: ask for upgrades, you have nothing to lose!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had some issues with the accommodations, from parking, both restaurants and missing room items (Maid said the items were stolen on a regular basis, so we don't re-stock). I had asked the Desk-Clerk where to get a cup of coffee Sunday AM & he told me the best bet was to walk over a few block & go to Starbucks as we "Don't Do That Here"(!!??) I took their surveys & e-mailed the hotel & marketing and have never received a response. I wish someone at least would have followed up........ The Staff was really great and willing to help, but at the same time seemed to be quite reserved about the Hotel in general.....At least the maid spoke openly about the place. I had the impression that the employees were facing an up-hill battle, but were afraid to voice their opinions..

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bryantbanda, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent comments. I'm trying to understand what situations took place that left you feeling disappointed with our hotel. We are (the overwhelming majority of us) hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel and assure you the surveys you filled out will be reviewed and most certainly replied to. We take very seriously the confidence our guests place in us and we work diligently to rectify any less-than-savory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

A beautiful room, hotel lobby,. and bar; terrific work out gym, and excellent overall service. Best of all, a concierge named Lee did so much to make my 4 day stay wonderful. Oh, and the location could not be beat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bryantbanda, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Hello and thank you for your comments. I will be sure to pass them on to Lee. Comments, good or bad, are vital to helping us perfect our service. Hopefully we will see you again in Milwaukee!
Clarksville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Before I arrived in Milwaukee, I had a dream and heard a voice say, "Go to Wisconsin!" I drove from Michigan checking out a place to live and take care of my schooling defeat at Wisconsin Lutheran College. My intention was to sleep in my car in a church parking lot. A friend of a close friend was contacted, turns out this man was Lee Semke, The concierge of the Hotel. Here I was out looking for a place to stay for the night, when I was lost in Milwaukee he called me on my phone, not knowing me and helped to back downtown.
Then he set me up in the hotel. I was so grateful for all of his help even though he had finished his work shift. He called all his associates and they are worked together with grace to get this unexpected job done. In addition to doing his job as concierge he took time out to help others find their way around town. Lee took the initiative to help me to get back out on the highway toward Michigan. I met Lee Semke personally the next morning right before check out, he and found out that we had several things in common. Through Lee taking time to be personable, we were able to get the Holy Spirit's message to both of us. He was just doing good works, and I was on a journey with God sending me I suppose as angel to him revealing a personal message to both of us. Once we realized this was not a coincidence we took a picture together. I later thanked him for his service to me and then I left. As I was pulling out of the parking ramp, something told me to go back in and thank him one more time. Lee was left bewildered and was sharing this testimony with his boss Paul. Turns out Paul was an answer to prayer and I was supposed to go back. Paul revealed that he and I were from the same sector of religious belief, and God showed me where we were going to be staying in Wisconsin. The most important message is there is a God in heaven and moved in Lee at the his perfect timing. He surprised all of us, leaving us all with his perfect messages... I have made a great friend and we are coming back soon to stay with we get settled into our new place to live in Milwaukee. I am so thankful for Lee Semke, his professionalism carried us to another level and I definitely would come back and stay just simply because God sent me there and the experience was divine.

Room Tip: I had a gorgeous view, and a loud group of people partying all night long, I was so thankful to have...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for sharing your uplifting and memorable experience with us. I am so pleased that Lee and Paul where there to help guide and assist you. We wish you the best in making Wisconsin your new home and do hope whenever you are in need you will return to our hotel.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Compared to other Intercontinental's I have stayed in this lacked a little something. I couldn't fault the room which was excellent - very clean and very comfortable and quiet but the attitude of the staff was good but not outstanding (pleasant but not friendly) and the ambience of the hotel just seemed to be a little sterile. It is in a very good downtown location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm sorry that our staff didn't meet your expectations and I will be sure to bring this up at our staff meetings. Your comments are very much appreciated and taken seriously, as we use them for training tools to improve the service we give our guests. Hopefully, next time you're in Milwaukee you will give us another try to show you the InterContinental Lifestyle.
Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Loved staying here after going to the Brewers game. The front desk was extremely helpful in helping us find great places to go. Free Jelly Bellys at the front desk were a fun bonus. Room was spacious and clean... we got a free upgrade even. Breakfast was very good. Traditional Benedict and Apple French toast were amazing!

Room Tip: Booked on Hotwire and got a great discount.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm very happy to hear the Jelly Belly's were a hit! We change the flavors up monthly to keep it fresh and fun for our guests. Thank you so much for you comments and praise, it is truly a motivation tool! Hopefully you will think of us (and the Jelly Belly's) next time you're in Milwaukee!