Before I arrived in Milwaukee, I had a dream and heard a voice say, "Go to Wisconsin!" I drove from Michigan checking out a place to live and take care of my schooling defeat at Wisconsin Lutheran College. My intention was to sleep in my car in a church parking lot. A friend of a close friend was contacted, turns out this man was Lee Semke, The concierge of the Hotel. Here I was out looking for a place to stay for the night, when I was lost in Milwaukee he called me on my phone, not knowing me and helped to back downtown.
Then he set me up in the hotel. I was so grateful for all of his help even though he had finished his work shift. He called all his associates and they are worked together with grace to get this unexpected job done. In addition to doing his job as concierge he took time out to help others find their way around town. Lee took the initiative to help me to get back out on the highway toward Michigan. I met Lee Semke personally the next morning right before check out, he and found out that we had several things in common. Through Lee taking time to be personable, we were able to get the Holy Spirit's message to both of us. He was just doing good works, and I was on a journey with God sending me I suppose as angel to him revealing a personal message to both of us. Once we realized this was not a coincidence we took a picture together. I later thanked him for his service to me and then I left. As I was pulling out of the parking ramp, something told me to go back in and thank him one more time. Lee was left bewildered and was sharing this testimony with his boss Paul. Turns out Paul was an answer to prayer and I was supposed to go back. Paul revealed that he and I were from the same sector of religious belief, and God showed me where we were going to be staying in Wisconsin. The most important message is there is a God in heaven and moved in Lee at the his perfect timing. He surprised all of us, leaving us all with his perfect messages... I have made a great friend and we are coming back soon to stay with we get settled into our new place to live in Milwaukee. I am so thankful for Lee Semke, his professionalism carried us to another level and I definitely would come back and stay just simply because God sent me there and the experience was divine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental