“Old Standard in River West”
Review of Nessun Dorma

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nessun Dorma
Ranked #228 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I know calling Nessun Dorma an "old standard" seems silly since it hasn't been there THAT long, but it reminds me of my college days, and I'm glad it has been there for me to visit in my 7 years since.
This is one of my friends' go-to place when we want to meet up. Great value for the quality of food, and extensive beer list. I've had every sandwich there and they are all superb-it just depends on what you are looking for that night. Only minor complaint is the menu hasn't changed at all in the past almost-decade. I guess "don't mess with what works" but it'd be nice to have some variety.

There are newer reviews for Nessun Dorma

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Everything was delightful. Loved the house dressing. The olive tapenade was amazing, the green was my favorite but both were great. Had the portobello sandwich. Was bit wowed by the menu but after eating there, I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, casual and a great, simple, limited but really nice menu. Full of folks lingering for dinner after work. No tv on, even though it's World Series night, and clearly no one misses it.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The atmosphere is so cozy casual and we loved that it is nestled in a completely residential area. Street parking was a breeze.

No hostess here, just find a table and a have a seat. The beer selection is excellent! We began our meal with the hot artichoke dip. Steaming hot, creamy and decadently delicious! For once a restaurant provides a enough toast for the hot spreadable appetizer (so many times you have to ask for more and by the time it comes the appetizer is cold). My husband had bowl of the soup of the day, lentil ham. I think that he really liked it but he was so enamored with the beer selection and in particular with the Lexington Bourbon Barreled Aged one that we ordered that it was a bit hard to tell. I had the Formaggio sandwich -, fresh mozzarella, provolone, fontinella, and roasted sweet red peppers on Asiago ciabatta with basil pesto mayo , for my main. It was good, all gooey and toasty warm., a really upscale grilled cheese sandwich. (Came with a side of salad - nice) I think I might try something a bit more heart healthy next time. We finished our meal by sharing a slice of homemade carrot cake. It was okay but I wouldn't order it again., the carrot was completely pureed in so there weren't any of those nice sweet carrot pieces and no nuts either..

We will be back for sure!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

To really know an urban environment, you have to go into its neighborhoods. Riverwest is probably the most unique, hip, and controversial neighborhood in Milwaukee. Filled with bars and restaurants sprinkled in a mixed-income, highly-diverse residential area, you never know what you're going to find. Nessun Dorma is a great local italian-ish eatery. Huge beer selection, delicious paninis, and amazing value (ie. cheap): this corner pub is highly recommended. Great atmosphere, indoor and outdoor seating and open late! Plus rotating selection of art on the walls. It's hip, but don't let that stop you!

1  Thank DanielBakerMKE