“Swanky”

The Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I have lived in New York my whole life, and have seen my share of really cool places to stay, but I think this was the coolest. If you are going to see the Harley Davidson factory, this is for you. I would describe this hotel as loft chic. I got a great rate on Priceline.com. If you choose to have your breakfast in the "library" you have to try to oatmeal. It sounds boring, but it's amazing.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed November 20, 2010

In England, where I live, the term 'boutique hotel' is used to mean a hotel that is small but perfectly formed. In fact, THE IRON HORSE is large and perfectly formed. The rooms are elegant but modern, with a hint of biker chic, and the staff were consistently courteous, good-humoured and kind...as if they actually enjoy working here! The hotel thoroughly deserves its good t reputation and I will return...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Iron Horse - the facility was beautiful and relaxing and the staff was polite and accomodating. I would definately stay here again and recommend this facility to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

An enormous amount of planning and finance have gone into this warehouse make-over with excellent results! We had a corner room with large windows. The interiors include high ceilings exposed brick walls and ducting, original wood beams, murals and unique bathrooms. We viewed the Harley Davidson museum from our 3rd floor space. The common areas of this boutique hotel are large, open and very inviting. The bar area was busy and included a pool table. The main floor also has a library space that was well furnished and included a fireplace. We ate in the restaurant on Sunday morning where service and food quality were excellent.
On the downside we were given one hand towel for both towel changes over the weekend, the bedside clock does not light up and i think the shower could have been somewhat more user friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2010

The hotel itself is very cool, rustic and modern at the same time. Location is a bit odd but it appears they are trying to revitalize that area of downtown. Rooms and bathrooms were nice sized and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I read about the Jack Daniels Biker Thursday nights in the Summer at the Iron Horse. Althoguh we weren't able to make it in the Summer, I opted to book a weekend getaway on our Harley for my husband and I (both in our early 50's). What a unique hotel! We love to stay at places with history and character and that's exactly what this place offered. In addition, the staff was friendly and very accommodating. The atmosphere, ambiance, service, food, staff, etc. were/went above and beyond. Would highly recommend for the biker and non-biker alike. Although it is a hotel that embraces and accommodate bikers, it is a class act and suitable for the business professional or top notch, seasoned traveler. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I are in our 50's. We travel to Milwaukee frequently- we love to get out of Chicago and come to the Casino and good food - great lakefront and zoo and museums. We have stayed at several hotels in the city and this by far is the best!
The staff was amazing- every detail is covered by this hotel. It is a fun atmosphere and everyone is very helpful. The staff was the best!
We stayed for 2 nights and next time we come - we will definitely be staying here again.
The only thing they need to work on is the breakfast in the morning - we ate there because we were told that the chef from dinner is responsible- but it was not good.
The dinner however, was AMAZING!!!!!!
Go to the Iron Horse... you will never want to stay anywhere else in Milwaukee!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple