“Beautiful Hotel- Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Hotel- Great Staff!”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I are in our 50's. We travel to Milwaukee frequently- we love to get out of Chicago and come to the Casino and good food - great lakefront and zoo and museums. We have stayed at several hotels in the city and this by far is the best!
The staff was amazing- every detail is covered by this hotel. It is a fun atmosphere and everyone is very helpful. The staff was the best!
We stayed for 2 nights and next time we come - we will definitely be staying here again.
The only thing they need to work on is the breakfast in the morning - we ate there because we were told that the chef from dinner is responsible- but it was not good.
The dinner however, was AMAZING!!!!!!
Go to the Iron Horse... you will never want to stay anywhere else in Milwaukee!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Miami, Fl USA
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Most interesting Hotel I have ever stayed in, and I usually stay in 4 and 5 star Hotels. The service was incredible and rooms were the best, like a loft apartment. Never thought I would find a place like this in Milwaukee.

For a similar experience with dinner, check out "Roots" in addition to the Hotel Restaurant Smythe which is also excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
mke
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I did a 'sisters" weekend..there are four of us.. 3 from milwaukee and one flew in from S.C. the staff(so much fun) , the property, excellent! We had so much fun. the lobby was always happenin. What a beautiful property. I am with American Express Travel, and would highly recommend this to anyone, business or leisure. I cannot wait to come back. Thank you for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This hotel was awesome! My husband and I have stayed in many different plush hotels across the world but we both agreed nothing beats Iron Horse. It has the most amazing decor I have ever seen. The staff surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate our wedding anniversary! The breakfast in the restaurant was also amazing! We will definitely stay at Iron Horse again when we return to Miwaukee!

Aliso
Reviewed November 1, 2010

What a great find! I was traveling from California to Green Bay for the Packers/Vikings game. My son & I decided to take the day to spend in Milwaukee. I had never been and found this hotel online. When we got there it was even better than I expected. Very cool neighborhood. Right by the bridge and across river from Harley Davidson Museum. We had a car so it was not a big deal to get to downtown. If you are planning on walking then may want to get closer to downtown but I would not trade this hotel for that. Very quick cab ride. Staff was the best, rooms were excellent in every way. Have already told many people about it. I am actually planning a trip back just so I can stay here again. Thank you Iron Horse

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2010

One of the coolest "boutique style" hotels Ive ever been to! Everything is done correctly, from the staff, to the food, the fabulous rooms etc. They have rooms dedicated to wheelchairs accessablity from top to bottom, yet have the same gorgeous design and interior. I sincerly cant wait to go back.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Great hotel.
My wife and I stayed on our wedding night and the following night.
The staff was wonderful.
They left us a bottle of champagne in the room without me asking (nor expecting it).
Over and over again, the staff was great.
Resonably priced for what you get.
I would definitely stay here again.
It's the kind of hotel that you stay at that you actually want to "stay" at - if that makes any sense.