“The Iron Horse Hotel was comfortable, elegant, charming and trendy all in one.”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My stay at the Iron Horse Hotel was phenominal; they nailed it on every level. Their food at Smyth's, Branded and The Library and was incredible, their service was impeccible and the overall experience was simply impressive. I would recommend this hotel to all friends and family with flying colors. They scored a 10 in my book across all planes.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Iron Horse Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Great Hotel, Great Room, Great nearby restaurants. At $119 per night this was a terrific hotel that you would expect to pay $250 or more if you were anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Decided to visit when the hotel first opened to see placement and use of antiques purchased from our store. We were impressed and return atleast once a month. The mood and comfort is unmatched in the area. We love being over the rumbling train and, in fact, request to be on that corner of the building. The Iron Horse Hotel is a wonderful place to go. Highly recommended.

1  Thank UrbanRemains
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The Iron Horse hotel is my favorite place to stay in Milwaukee. The hotel decor is one of a kind with it's vintage motorcycle theme. The design is well thought out and caters to every need of the well traveled. The rooms are amazing with the large pillow top beds and nice crisp white linen.
The staff at the hotel are respectful, friendly, and take excellent care of their guests. The concierge service is beyond efficient.
I love the resturant Smythe that is located on the main floor. I always look forward to wonderful dining experience. The chef puts much thought into his cuisine.
I always love my stay at the Iron Horse Hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed at the Iron Horse this week and surprised my husband for his birthday. I booked the suite and added the romance package which was to include flowers in our room prior to arrival, valet parking, couples massages, turn down service and breakfast. I also specially requested champagne be in the room in addition to the flowers.

We arrived and the valet told me that there is a charge but it was supposed to be included in the package. We parked ourselves. We checked in and the staff was lovely. We got to our room and it was gorgeous (I highly recommend the rooms on the 6th floor). The champagne was in the room but the flowers were not. Disappointing. We get our massages and they were wonderful. We had dinner at Smyth, it was ok. Will probably write a separate review on that. Branded was a nice bar with great bartenders. We came back to our room late and didn't receive turndown service either. Also dissapointing. So my 550.00 package that consisted of valet, flowers, massages, turndown and breakfast, really turned into massages and breakfast.

The next morning I received my bill and I was charged for an additional set of couples massages on top of my package price. I was not happy. I called down to the front desk and they removed the additional charge plus 200.00 for not receiving everything listed in my package. They did the right thing and most hotels will not accomodate you in that way anymore. It's just unfortunate because I would have liked to see those little extras I was promised executed.

I will be back and give them another shot.

1  Thank NJI930
Reviewed February 15, 2010

From the time you arrive, you know that the staff at the Iron Horse are there to make your experience a great one. Rooms are great and comfortable and service is exceptional.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is such an amazing hotel, I'm not sure where to begin. After a long day of travel, the hotel was the perfect oasis. The huge whirlpool, rainfall showerhead, and high quality fixtures were wonderful, but even better, the room and bathroom were spotless. The bathroom was amazing, the bed comfortable, and both the decor and the city view were great. I couldn't hear any noise from other rooms, and the room service was fast and delicious. Even the robes were so comfotable, I debated buying one. The staff was also great. The hotel was conveniently located, not far from the airport and right off the highway. It's near the Harley Davidson museum, and has somewhat of a motorcycle focus, but I have no interest in motorcycles and still thought the hotel was amazing. It wasn't themed really, just sleek modern decor. Next time I'll stay for more than just one night!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple