“Will give it another try...”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Will give it another try...”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed at the Iron Horse this week and surprised my husband for his birthday. I booked the suite and added the romance package which was to include flowers in our room prior to arrival, valet parking, couples massages, turn down service and breakfast. I also specially requested champagne be in the room in addition to the flowers.

We arrived and the valet told me that there is a charge but it was supposed to be included in the package. We parked ourselves. We checked in and the staff was lovely. We got to our room and it was gorgeous (I highly recommend the rooms on the 6th floor). The champagne was in the room but the flowers were not. Disappointing. We get our massages and they were wonderful. We had dinner at Smyth, it was ok. Will probably write a separate review on that. Branded was a nice bar with great bartenders. We came back to our room late and didn't receive turndown service either. Also dissapointing. So my 550.00 package that consisted of valet, flowers, massages, turndown and breakfast, really turned into massages and breakfast.

The next morning I received my bill and I was charged for an additional set of couples massages on top of my package price. I was not happy. I called down to the front desk and they removed the additional charge plus 200.00 for not receiving everything listed in my package. They did the right thing and most hotels will not accomodate you in that way anymore. It's just unfortunate because I would have liked to see those little extras I was promised executed.

I will be back and give them another shot.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJI930

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed February 15, 2010

From the time you arrive, you know that the staff at the Iron Horse are there to make your experience a great one. Rooms are great and comfortable and service is exceptional.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
FL
Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is such an amazing hotel, I'm not sure where to begin. After a long day of travel, the hotel was the perfect oasis. The huge whirlpool, rainfall showerhead, and high quality fixtures were wonderful, but even better, the room and bathroom were spotless. The bathroom was amazing, the bed comfortable, and both the decor and the city view were great. I couldn't hear any noise from other rooms, and the room service was fast and delicious. Even the robes were so comfotable, I debated buying one. The staff was also great. The hotel was conveniently located, not far from the airport and right off the highway. It's near the Harley Davidson museum, and has somewhat of a motorcycle focus, but I have no interest in motorcycles and still thought the hotel was amazing. It wasn't themed really, just sleek modern decor. Next time I'll stay for more than just one night!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The service we received from the initial planning to the site review to execution of the event were top notch. It met our needs of being a high-end cosmopolitan cool introduction to Milwaukee from persons worldwide. Service was extremely knowledgeable and adjusted our catering needs as warranted. The chef even met with one of our persons to discuss special dietary requirements they needed. The restaurant is far from typical hotel experience, with excellent selections and fine dining.
Rooms were spacious, top-of-the-line, and again fit what we were looking for in an international group. Location fit for us with closeness to the Museum as well as ease to get to top rated restaurants for group events. We did not have parking issues because all of our guests used cabs to/from the airport.
I would definitely book at this property again for our specific group.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Great ambiance. Hotel decor is stunning; very memorable. The rooms were very sophisticated and clean. I received a number of compliments from my colleagues on the high quality of their accomodations. The event planning team was very knowledgeable. Our check-in and our evening function were both very well managed. Service was excellent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Both husband and I grew up in Milwaukee and wanted to have our wedding there. We wanted a hotel that would impress our out of town guest coming from Chicago. There was only one, The Iron Horse. Not only was our wedding amazing and service was above and beyond, but the comments from guest staying at the hotel couldn't have been more favorable. I had many guests that travel for a living and stay at all the top hotels all over the country and they said that The Iron Horse was one of their favorites.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Vella1982
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed January 20, 2010

In November of 2009 I hosted a 10 year class reunion at The Iron Horse Hotel. The reunion was a huge success because of the generous, accomodating group sales management and food & beverage department. The selection of food for our event was accommodating to beef eaters, vegetarians and vegans - it all tasted great!

What really sold our patrons was the atmosphere of the hotel. Upon entering the hotel the smell is inviting (sexy even) and staff is so gracious and professional. Branded, the bar, was relaxing and chill. Alot of us stayed in the suites post event and the rooms were outstanding! The rooms were clean, eco-friendly, had murals painted on the walls by a local artist which was intriguing and the room was filled with our favorite snacks and comfortable. I've stayed in various hotels in my travels nationally such as Kimpton Hotels, Hilton, Hyatts and Intercontinental and the Iron Horse Hotel by far is the best hotel I've done business with and stayed in.

I would and have recommended the Iron Horse Hotel to colleagues, friends and people looking for a great place for wedding receptions or reunions. It is worth the spend.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business