“This is one of those special hotels that you never want to leave once you get there!”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I travel to Milwaukee for business and pleasure at least ten times a year, and have stayed at all of the regular places (Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Doubletree, etc.). A friend of mine recommended the Iron Horse, and after checking it out online, I decided to give it a try. BOY was I happy I did that!
As other reviewers have said, Yes, all of the amazing reviews are well deserved. From the architectural style of the outside of the hotel (an old warehouse), to the inside lobby and bar (tall ceilings with exposed beams, a great pool table, fresh fruit out for the taking, free coffee throughout the day made by the restaurant, complimentary internet, etc), it was extremely inviting. It felt like I had been transported to a loft in New York that had been fully furnished with a southwestern vibe of high end furniture. Big flat tv's, huge 2 sink bathrooms with a shower with a opaque wall, a giant desk, super comfy bed, etc. I really didn't want to leave this room once I got to it! Business or pleasure, it would be the perfect hideaway.
The service was top notch, and there was always someone asking me if I needed anything. At one point in my stay, I was sitting on a couch waiting for a friend in the lobby, when a staff member came up to me and brought me a tall glass of ice water. I asked him why he did that, and he said that just in case I was thirsty, they wanted to be sure I was taken care of. I LOVED IT! They were always trying to be one step ahead of me. Whether it be wanting a coffee, a drink, a tip for a restaurant, etc., they were on top of it. I truly believe that the staff of the Iron Horse was on par the Ritz Carlton or the Peninsula in Chicago.
All I can say to finish this is up, is just do it. Book the room. Get a high floor with a good view. And don't leave!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 9, 2009

I just want to give a shout out to the female bartender(sorry I can't remember your name) working the bar Friday night. You made a fun night even more enjoyable with your exceptional service.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank ptg1970
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Iron Horse, we could not have been more pleased. We were not sure about the all the reviews - thought maybe the place could not live up to the hype, but it is that good. The staff was always there, but not in the way. They also actually wanted to help you and with a smile too! The rooms were cool and industrial while managing to be warm and inviting at the same time.

I booked a 90 minute Signature Massage, and the whole experience could not have been better. From booking to the treatment rooms to the massage - it hit all the marks.

We had several drinks at Branded - this bar is fun, loud and cool with great signature cocktails. On Friday night we ate at Smyth, the onsite restaurant, and wow is all we could say. Great service and the food could not have been better - worth a try even if you are not staying at the hotel. Finally we also had breakfast in-room and in the library. Both experiences were great and so was the food.

Overall we would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fun, cool adult getaway in a town that has a lot of hidden gems to offer those willing to visit!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iriscin
Reviewed November 7, 2009

An old warehouse that has been renovated magnificently....large, extremely well appointed rooms. Terrific staff that greets you by name, one of Milwaukee's best restaurants and a great bar scene. May appear a bit out of the way, but in good weather its a 10 minute walk to Wisconsin and 4th.. Far and away one of the finest boutique hotels opened in recent years in the US!
Fairly priced as are the restaurants.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Hampronstraveller
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The renovation of the building from Warehouse to Hotel is impressive. The loft style rooms with expected modern amenties is well executed. As soon as we drove up to the hotel, we were enthused about our decision to stay. The staff and decor made us feel welcomed and safe. The location is a bit off track; not a mainstream location, but that may have added to the quietness of the guest room. Staying at the Iron Horse makes staying at one of the national hotel chains very boring. The value was great --- the standard King room for $99 was a true bargain. We got great vibes from the staff and their eagerness to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We honestly just needed to get out of the house for the weekend, and wanted to find someplace interesting and new to stay. This was perfect!. We actually got one of the Loft type rooms on the top floor- although I'm not sure the price was exactly worth the view- the room was well appointed and comfortable. The proof is in the details that this hotel has decided to use- from the sharpened pencils on the desk to the dimmer switches for the bedroom.
We arrived around 5pm checked in very quickly. The minute we entered the hotel we knew this place was going to be a blast! I needed to do a little laptop work, and found that it's easy and comfortable to work in the room. My partner relaxed on the bed and watched television on the very large flat panel TV.
I finished my work and we changed for dinner and went out. The valet service was quick and professional.
When we returned we stopped in the bar area and had a few drinks and met a very nice cocktail server. We really enjoyed the furniture in the bar- the wooden school stools fit right in.
After the bar we took a nice long shower (the shower was HUGE) and then had a wonderful romantic evening.
The next morning we had breakfast in the library which was fun- just a cool concept of the communal eating. Great quick food.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WellTraveled20yo
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed at the Iron Horse for our anniversary the night before Halloween. The staff is clearly well trained and exceptional in their attention to detail. Brad (one of the bartenders) made sure that we were always taken care of as we waited for our dinner table, even though it was very busy (ask him about his orange juice/beer concoction!). Jennifer, our waitress at dinner, also went out of her way to make sure that we had a great meal. It is not a big hotel, but that adds to the ambiance - and the lobby, the rooms and bar areas are all well appointed to add to the really cool vibe of the place

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple