“Awesome Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Awesome Hotel!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at the Iron Horse while in town for a family wedding and it is a huge cut above as far as hotels go. The building itself if historical and modern at the same time and full of great artifacts. The staff was great, too. We were greeted with a refreshing cocktail and used their courtesy car one night which is a great perk. The room was amazing, too. Large, very comfortable, spacious bathroom, wonderful views and all the high end amenities. It is within walking distance to a great coffee shop, The Third Ward, museums, the river, etc. Great location and fun boutique hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ann C-

Thank you for visiting the Iron Horse and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope that everything went well with the family wedding. I am very proud to see that you had a positive experience with us, and I hope that you find some time to visit us again. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can assist with in the future.

Safe Travels,

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I went to the Iron Horse for a quick weekend getaway for our first anniversary. I could not have asked for anything more. The staff is welcoming, friendly and helpful. They greet you with a signature cocktail that is delicious (who can complain about that) and the lobby is full of fun artifacts. Great place to hang out. The Corner suite was gorgeous and spotless! The bed was super comfortable. My Husband and I agree that this was by far the nicest hotel room in which we have stayed.

The whole hotel has a sheek historic boutique feel. We ate at the Yard, the hotel's outside bar/ restaurant and the food was fantastic.Wait staff was friendly and helpful in finding local attractions. The hotel is close to restaurants, bars, parks and downtown Milwaukee. Great location!

After our stay, I realized I had left my favorite dress behind in our room. I was devastated! I called the hotel and not only did they find it, they shipped it back to me via FedEx!

We absolutely loved this hotel and would definitely recommend it!!

Dear Nikki W-

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend it with us at the Iron Horse Hotel. I am proud that our team was able to make your experience a positive one. It is great news about finding the dress and being able to get it returned to you so quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Highwood, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I mean, what can you not say about this place? It is really the only place to stay in Milwaukee if you want a hip, vibrant, and upscale stay.

The rooms are spacious, well kept, and they have kept the architecture from the old warehouse that the building was renovated from originally. Exposed beams, brick walls....cool stuff.

The only drawback is that they know they have the best place in Milwaukee....and they price it as such.

Room Tip: Grab one of the corner suites....lots of room, lots of windows...great space to be leisurely.
1 Thank Daniel S
Dear Daniel S-

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud to see that you had "another" great experience with us. We will be looking forward to your next visit, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with that reservation.

Until Next Time,

Hotel Manger
Charlevoix, Michigan
Reviewed July 17, 2014

check in super nice and easy..had my dog with me, his name promptly added to the dog vip board. rooms super nice and comfortable. didnt bring your dog bowl...no problem as you can borrow ones from the hotel.
great bar, fast internet, comfortable lobby and nice outside area as well.
only knock is the shower pressure...a little on the weak side....but easily overlooked.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Upnorthtransplant1-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Iron Horse Hotel. I am thrilled that we were able to a home away from home for you and your dog. We take a lot of pride in making our four legged friends feel welcome and I am glad you had a great experience. We will be looking forward to your next trip.

Safe Travels,

Coal Township, PA
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Never being to Milwaukee before, I was not sure where to stay....look no further, this is a GREAT hotel! The boutique "biker" feel was great, and we are not bikers. The regular king room we booked was very spacious, and I was a bit worried about noise because the 2nd floor opens up to the lobby below...no worries! Also there are train tracks out back, worried again, no worries, the only reason I knew there were trains was because I saw them...for those still worried, they provide ear plugs. Bed was large and super comfy. Fully stocked mini-fridge including bottles of wine, tequila and local beers (full size!!) service was excellent from valet to front desk to bar staff. They have a great outdoor bar and inside too. The hotel is very well located, short drives to local sites and you can walk to places too. I did not want to leave this place, awesome! The atmosphere, charm and service was top-notch!

Dear Tracy N-

Welcome to Milwaukee, we love first time visitors. I am very glad that you enjoyed a spacious, quite room with a comfortable bed. It is also great to see that you had time to visit our surrounding areas. We hope that you choose to return to Milwaukee and to the Iron Horse Hotel again soon.

Cheers!

New Jersey
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Iron Horse is a great hotel - full of history, character, comfort and modern touches. Located just by the Harley Davidson museum, it's also close to downtown - could walk but easy to also take a cab or drive.

The rooms are great - modern updated bathrooms and spacious, comfortable beds with TV, mini/snack bar. Love that since it's located near train, there are complimentary ear plugs. I didn't use them and wasn't bothered by them at all.

Breakfast in the library is a great way to start the day and billiards/drinks in the bar to end the day. Pretty sure it's also pet friendly. Valet services make getting in and out a breeze.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room in the front of the hotel to be farther away from the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear MGood2014-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I loved your description of the hotel and I would agree that we have a building full of character complete with modern touches. It is great to see that you enjoyed your time here with us. We hope that you visit us again in the future and please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist you with.

Best Regards,

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Iron Horse for the first time to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we loved it. It's one of the best designed boutique hotels that we've encountered -- gorgeous details from the original factory building mixed with lots of modern touches. It manages to pull off a Motorcycle/Locomotive theme without seeming gimmicky. The room had a comfortable bed, high ceilings and excellent lighting (we've found that lighting is often a weakness in boutique hotels) -- again, well designed. The bath products were another a high point.

The service was also first-rate. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary. The check-in and check-out was very smooth.

We'll definitely be staying at the Iron Horse again next time we're in Milwaukee!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel with views of the river, the Harley Davidson Museum, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear RStretter-

Happy Anniversary! I am very proud to see that combination of our well designed building with our intuitive service made your special weekend away a memorable one. I will make sure to share you feedback with our team and we will be looking forward to your next trip to Milwaukee!

Until Next Time!