The Iron Horse Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$137
$139
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$134
$178
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,810 results
All reviewsthe harley davidson museumsmyth restaurantcorner alcovemattress factorywelcome cocktailoutdoor barrain showerboutique hotelexposed brickcool hotelfavorite hotelgreat barlight sleeperamazing hotelrooms are spaciousfrom chicagohigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much, everything from the valet attendants to the Loft style rooms was so unique. I loved the all the decor, so many cool things to see---it is an old building they have designed to have a city Loft feeling. High ceilings, open concept in the lobby, the bar area was very cozy, our bartender said she had just called last call (we arrived late after a Brewer game) but was more than happy to serve us 2 drinks---she was very sweet. Our stay was wonderful & we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a view of the bridge & Skyline of the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sue M-

Go Brewers! I am happy to see that you enjoyed a visit to the Iron Horse as part of your trip to Milwaukee. I will pass along your message to our bartending team. I am proud to see you had an "awesome and wonderful" experience and we will be looking forward to your return trip.

Until Next Time,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great hotel in Milwaukee a little south of downtown. Nice room, great amenities and really wonderful outdoor bar. Close enough to Summerfest to walk and convenient for anywhere else in the city. Would definitely stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear tomzimm-

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind words. I too enjoy the outdoor patio and bar space here at the Hotel. It is great that the Iron Horse was able to meet all of the needs of your stay and we hope to have you back again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My first trip to Milwaukee left me with a great impression of the city - I picked the right time to travel on business, and was able to coordinate Summerfest as part of my visit. I was equally impressed by the hotel - everything from the check in process (the room wasn't quite ready but we were given free cocktails for our short wait), the unique decor, the friendliness of the staff, and well maintained rooms. I had an opportunity to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner theere during my stay, and would defineitely recommend any of them. I will definitely stay her eon my next visit.

Room Tip: I love trains, so the ocassional slow freight train passing by didn't bother me at all, but for those that are light sleepers, ask to be placed on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Brad G-

Welcome to Milwaukee! I am glad that your experience of Summerfest and the Iron Horse left you with a great impression and hopefully a few stories to share with friends and family. I am proud to see that the staff provided an experience that was smooth from start to finish and that you enjoy your dining options here at the hotel. We hope that you do find some time to return and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in making that trip possible.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've stayed at the Iron Horse Hotel three or four times and each time am reminded of why I like this hotel so much. First, it's a beautiful and beautifully appointed building. Second, the staff is exceptionally accommodating and social. We've had the most interesting conversations w/ bartenders -- never intrusive, but seemingly genuinely interested in striking up a conversation if you are. And, thirdly great location in a fun city that's close enough to Chicago to zip up for a night or two and feel like you're some place new. Depending on the time of year, I think, rooms can be a little pricey but, no matter, when in Milwaukee I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Apparently some people are bothered by the noise of the trains. In spite of several visits and different rooms, I've never heard the trains and I kinda wish I did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear HotCoffeeCoach-

Thank you for the nice message for your loyalty to the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud to see that you enjoy our building, people, and stories. We will be looking forward to your next visit and please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist with future reservations.

Cheers!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our second stay at the Iron Horse. We live in Arizona and have our share of great resorts, so we were impressed by the unique decor of the hotel, bar and restaurants. The guest services were perfect up until our 4th night there on our most recent stay.
We never received housekeeping and it took a phone call to receive fresh towels and more toilet paper. The hotel did refund us $50, but we would have preferred a clean room to come back to!
Our only other complaint was that the diverter in our shower wasn't working.
Otherwise, we'd highly recommend the Iron Horse for a great outdoor patio with live music on Sundays in summer, great food and delicious cocktails. A happy hour might not be a bad idea though.

Room Tip: 6th floor king loft was great with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear MTAB_11-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed the majority of you stay and that you highly recommend the Iron Horse Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the Patio, Decor, and great food and drinks. I apologize for missed opportunity in housekeeping but proud that the team reacted positivity. Please contact me directly before your next trip and I will ensure a fantastic Iron Horse experience.

Best Regards,