“Cool Hotel in Milwaukee”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Cool Hotel in Milwaukee”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great hotel in Milwaukee a little south of downtown. Nice room, great amenities and really wonderful outdoor bar. Close enough to Summerfest to walk and convenient for anywhere else in the city. Would definitely stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tomzimm-

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind words. I too enjoy the outdoor patio and bar space here at the Hotel. It is great that the Iron Horse was able to meet all of the needs of your stay and we hope to have you back again soon.

Cheers!

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Orange County Ca
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My first trip to Milwaukee left me with a great impression of the city - I picked the right time to travel on business, and was able to coordinate Summerfest as part of my visit. I was equally impressed by the hotel - everything from the check in process (the room wasn't quite ready but we were given free cocktails for our short wait), the unique decor, the friendliness of the staff, and well maintained rooms. I had an opportunity to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner theere during my stay, and would defineitely recommend any of them. I will definitely stay her eon my next visit.

Room Tip: I love trains, so the ocassional slow freight train passing by didn't bother me at all, but for...
Dear Brad G-

Welcome to Milwaukee! I am glad that your experience of Summerfest and the Iron Horse left you with a great impression and hopefully a few stories to share with friends and family. I am proud to see that the staff provided an experience that was smooth from start to finish and that you enjoy your dining options here at the hotel. We hope that you do find some time to return and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in making that trip possible.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've stayed at the Iron Horse Hotel three or four times and each time am reminded of why I like this hotel so much. First, it's a beautiful and beautifully appointed building. Second, the staff is exceptionally accommodating and social. We've had the most interesting conversations w/ bartenders -- never intrusive, but seemingly genuinely interested in striking up a conversation if you are. And, thirdly great location in a fun city that's close enough to Chicago to zip up for a night or two and feel like you're some place new. Depending on the time of year, I think, rooms can be a little pricey but, no matter, when in Milwaukee I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Apparently some people are bothered by the noise of the trains. In spite of several visits and diffe...
Dear HotCoffeeCoach-

Thank you for the nice message for your loyalty to the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud to see that you enjoy our building, people, and stories. We will be looking forward to your next visit and please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist with future reservations.

Cheers!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our second stay at the Iron Horse. We live in Arizona and have our share of great resorts, so we were impressed by the unique decor of the hotel, bar and restaurants. The guest services were perfect up until our 4th night there on our most recent stay.
We never received housekeeping and it took a phone call to receive fresh towels and more toilet paper. The hotel did refund us $50, but we would have preferred a clean room to come back to!
Our only other complaint was that the diverter in our shower wasn't working.
Otherwise, we'd highly recommend the Iron Horse for a great outdoor patio with live music on Sundays in summer, great food and delicious cocktails. A happy hour might not be a bad idea though.

Room Tip: 6th floor king loft was great with a view of the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MTAB_11-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed the majority of you stay and that you highly recommend the Iron Horse Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the Patio, Decor, and great food and drinks. I apologize for missed opportunity in housekeeping but proud that the team reacted positivity. Please contact me directly before your next trip and I will ensure a fantastic Iron Horse experience.

Best Regards,

Larchmont, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've stayed at The Iron Horse countless times and they have always consistently delivered world-class service. The overall experience far exceeds anything you would ever expect from a smaller city hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well designed, the food is always above par, and I'm pretty blown away by the level of talent behind the bar. The bartenders are second to none. Overall, the service at the Iron Horse is what always makes me want to return.

Room Tip: The hotel borders an active railroad - its not as bad as it sounds - but there is the occasional tra...
Dear Steve153-

Thank you very much for your Iron Horse Loyalty. It is greatly appreciated. I am very proud to see that we were able to exceed your expectations and I will make sure to share your kind words with our team. It is our goal to provide service that you could expect in any city across the world as long as it is unique and intuitive. I am glad you enjoyed your bar experience and for the well-deserved shout out for the Bartenders. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist with in the future.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in Milwaukee when we visit family. Last week, we stayed at this hotel with our dogs and walked to Summerfest. We loved our experience at the hotel and plan to return often. The service was great..even the valet cleaned our car windows when we were leaving when he noticed some dirt on them. Breakfast in the library was charming, delicious and inexpensive. We loved the rooms with a large comfy bed and welcoming artwork and lights. We found out you can book massages on the 4th floor and will try to do so next time. The fun atmosphere on a Thursday night was helped by the welcoming patio where they offer a get together for Harley Davidson riders. We found the guests all to be dog lovers.

Room Tip: The second floor room away from the elevator was quiet and gave us privacy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Blythe M-

Happy Summerfesting! I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Milwaukee and thrilled that you plan to return to the Iron Horse Hotel. We will be very happy to have you. I am also glad to see you that were able to bring your dogs. You could not be more correct about the hotel being full of dog lovers, both staff and guests alike. Please let me know about your future trips as it would be great to say hi in person.

Until Next Time,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a terrific two night stay at The Irons Horse- our favorite hotel in MIlwaukee. If this hotel were in NY, they could charge $750.00/ night but they keep it reasonable. The entire hotel is fabulous- and the service is impeccable. The decor is "biker-chic" next door to the Harley Davidson Museum, but you don't have to be a biker to stay here (although it appears the amenities for bikers including a free bike wash are great). The bars- both inside and outside- are very cool and the staff at both places are hip and friendly (none of the "too-cool-for-school" mentality here). The food is excellent at the restaurants and the gym is one of the best with TRX and boxing equipment. Easy walk to dozens of places to eat and drink in the Third and Fifth Wards and to Summerfest. Best in Milwaukee!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan35805-

Happy Festival Season! I am very glad to see that you were able to enjoy Summerfest and thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud to see that you enjoyed many different aspects of your Iron Horse experience. I will make sure to share your experience with our team. We hope that during your next visit to Milwaukee and the Third Ward area you stay with us again. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist with in the future.

Cheers,