“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed one night and really enjoyed it. We were there for a charity event and the hotel did a very good job of accommodating the various parts of the event.

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH HOTELS.COM unless you are willing to pay and extra $30 for the room. My son booked a room through the hotel for $169 and Hotels.com charged $199 for the same type room the same night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Toby504-

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am proud to hear that you had a "Great Hotel" experience. I will make sure to tell the banquets team that their hard work does not go unnoticed when running different events. I am glad they had a positive impact on your charity event. If there is ever anything we can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This place is great, location is good, not in downtown it self so walking will not work if you want to explore milwaukee, but is 5 min driving from everything. Parking could be an issue but is the same as any downtown hotel, you can do valet parking for $30 in and out all you want or You have to park on the street and don't forget to get the city parking permit here is the link: http://mpw.milwaukee.gov/services/np_permission
The decor is awesome, the comfort and quality of the rooms is outstanding, bed was great, bathrooms are big and really clean, i loved the industrial chic style in a historic building leather wood and iron everywhere really manly but still chic and trendy for the ladies, Pet friendly is always a plus. Some people could say that it is to expensive for the city but to be honest with you is worth it for even for the building alone.
Rooms are big and amenities are good, no coffee machine in room but you have it complementary at the lobby, also minibar is not too expensive.
I understand how some guest can complain about the train passing next to the hotel but to me it was not an issue building it self has good sound proof structure, they have complementary ear plugs if you need them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lfmz777-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am proud to see that you enjoyed your time with us. "Industrial Chic" is a great way to describe the look of the hotel and I am glad that it fit your eye. You will be happy to hear that the coffee makers were only out of the room for a short time, they will be back in time for your next visit. If there is anything I can do to assist with any future needs please let me know.

Thanks Again,

SCHERERVILLE
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I love this hotel! I came to town with my 10mo old daughter to visit some friends. This was my first trip traveling alone with her, and as most know babies need extra hands and luggage! From the second I pulled up the valet attendants were prompt and friendly. Jordan did a great job helping me juggle my luggage while I had my daughter. The check in process was quick and seamless. My room was very spacious and clean. All of the F&B staff were great, from helping me get baby food heated up to helping me get a plate made at brunch. Overall great stay - can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear mrsr2012-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse. I am happy to see that our team was able to provide some extra hands when needed. I will make sure to give a special shout out to Jordan. I am glad you had a "great" stay and we will be looking forward to your next trip.

Regards,

World Traveller in UK
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed at the Iron Horse for a couple days while working out of nearby Waukesha after colleague's recommendation. It was a great experience, a slice of American industrial history.
The styling is casual but classic: sumptuous leathers, warming woods, tactile brick and honest, hard-worked iron all representing the backstory of the area.
The rooms are large and comfortable, the raw feel of the reception area carrying through with on-view air conditioning, open brick work and fittings of steel ripped from the very walls of local warehouses. Don't worry, the bed itself is exceptionally comfortable!

Each dining area is named differently and has it's own theme. The Library serves as a breakfast quarters, filled with reading materials, artwork and natural light,
The bar is THE place to be and welcomes you with a range of local tap-beers and a tantalizing back-bar, smart bar-staff and good chat.
The main dining room is also filled with images of Classic American industrial life, evoking that hard working spirit when you get served a steak!

Parking I felt was probably best via the valet for $30 a night since the streets around looked a little sketchy. Better safe than sorry.

The hotel is across the bridge from the Harley Davidson museum, a short walk, and 5 minutes drive from downtown Milwaukee's third ward filled with its hip bars and fish-fry restaurants.

The staff are welcoming, chirpy and helpful.
Great place, I am totally staying here again when I am back in town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear SeekingLocalFood-

First of all I love the Trip Advisor Name! I am proud to see that the Iron Horse outlets met your "Local Food Needs" while in Milwaukee. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team. Thank you for noticing all the effort that has gone into the look, feel, and experience of the Iron Horse Hotel. We will be looking forward to your next visit. If there is anything I can do to help with your future needs please let me know.

Cheers!

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Everything about the Iron Horse Hotel is amazing!!!! Located within 4 blocks of the Harley Davidson museum. Oh and I can't forget fido is welcome here, and they have a bike wash and covered spaces for your bikes!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are beautiful, showers are huge walk-ins
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear debbies087-

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Iron Horse Hotel. Can I assume that you like to ride? I am glad you had a chance to sneak over to the Harley Museum and noticed the covered bike parking. You will have to come back when the weather is warmer and bring the bike!!

Until Next Time-

Cudahy, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had a great stay at The Iron Horse Hotel. The staff is so amazing and helpful, especially Juve at the front desk! He made me feel like royalty! Great room, great service, great all around atmosphere! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Patti H-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel. Creating a culture that allows staff like Juve to make such a positive impression on you is very important to the success of our hotel. Thank you for noticing the effort we put in. If there is ever anything we can do to assist with a return trip to IHH please let us know. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Cheers.

Akron, OH
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Ironhorse for a weekend getaway in March. When we can, we avoid the chain hotels and look for something distinctive with some local flavor. The Ironhorse certainly fits that category nicely. It's in an old industrial building that has been beautifully refurbished while retaining its brick and steel industrial flavor. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Excellent in-room amenities, like a stocked frig. The lobby was very inviting, with lots of places for couples or groups to sit and relax. The in-house restaurant was absolutely terrific. Late on a Sunday night, we had the lobby bar and pool table virtually to ourselves and had a great bartender. This hotel is not located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee and therefore may be a little less convenient depending on how you're spending your time in town. However, I understand they have a car service to downtown locations, though we did not use it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear AkrontravelerAkron-

Seeing that you are such a frequent traveler I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to receive feedback that has seen many different hotels and travels often. I am proud to see that the Iron Horse stacks up well when compared to others you have visited. Thank you for your comments on the design and look of the hotel and "inviting" is a great way to explain it. It was great that you were able to find the time to enjoy our outlets with some pool and dinner. Please let me know if you have any future needs in Milwaukee. We would love to have you back.

Safe Travels!