“Completely awesome”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Completely awesome”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews and was excited to check it out. Stayed the weekend and had an awesome time. The staff was so nice, the rooms were beautiful. Definitely the best hotel in Wisconsin. Other hotels need to take tips from this one. Will be staying again!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TommyGonnz
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear TommyGonnz-

Thank you for finding the time to visit our hotel after you had heard the reviews. I am very proud to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We will be looking forward to your next visit to Milwaukee.

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 16, 2014

For my business travel I have always been a loyal Marriott guy but I have always wnated to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel in Milwaukee. This place is great for business travelers as well as personal get-a-ways. Bring your dog, bring your motorcycle, bring your wife...you won't be disappointed. The bar and restaurants are terrific and the decor is really cool. I referred to it as a rugged boutique hotel. I recommend this hotel to all my friends. It was a great find for me and I hope it ends up being a great find for you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Michael M-

I am happy to hear we could make your business travel experience a little more enjoyable. I agree that the Iron Horse is unique in the way it can service different audiences. Riders, business travelers, pet lovers, singles, couples, and family we welcome everyone. Thank you for taking the time to help us spread the word about our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.

Cheers!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Loved Loved Loved the Iron Horse! Have heard about it and seen it from the highway for years and finally stayed there. You walk in to a delicious smell similar to a yummy men's cologne and get a welcome cocktail, also yummy. The lighting and décor throughout were exceptional. The room was one of the nicest I've seen. From the lighting, the shower, the bedding - - just all of it! We grabbed a bite in the bar after playing a quick game of pool and the food and drinks were great. Every person we encountered from the valet to the front desk to the bar was top notch! I can't say enough about this fine hotel except that I can't wait to go back. A+ all around!

Room Tip: Our room was all the way down the hall and far from the elevator and it was silent and spacious!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear TMladic-

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that you noticed a lot of the fine details of the Iron Horse that sets us apart from many other hotels. I am also glad to see that you were able to experience Branded by grabbing a drink and playing some pool. I cannot wait to share your kind words with our team and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've been twice now to the Iron Horse and love it. Recently we went just to stay the night, and literally did not leave the hotel for our 18-hour getaway from Chicago. The best thing is that the Iron Horse welcomes our 60+ pound chocolate lab, Rogue, and yet it is a luxury hotel. They not only welcome her but they pamper her. We also brought our 17-month-old daughter and she was adored by staff. Food and service at the bar and restaurant are fantastic as well, and some of the tastiest Old Fashioned's I've ever had.

I don't typically have much reason to go to Milwaukee, but want to go because of the Iron Horse.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie F
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Stephanie F-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud that we were able to provide a memorable experience for your entire family including Rogue! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. We hope to see you again during your next weekend escape.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was so excited to stay at the Iron Horse ever since moving to Milwaukee. However, I was a bit underwhelmed, after hearing so much and reading so many great things about the hotel. There was no real "bad" experience, just slightly underwhelming overall. The bath products were great, the linens were comfy, and the decor was neat. The exercise equipment was good in the fitness room. Little water pressure in the showers and took quite a while for the warm water to kick in. Lots of ticking sounds at night that kept me awake. No greetings from the front desk when coming and going. I realize ALL of these things are so minor, but I guess I just expected a bit more from a luxe hotel. I'd go back for drinks again, but likely will stay elsewhere the next time around.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Nicole H-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and welcome to Milwaukee! It appears that you were able to enjoy the majority of your stay with us here at the Iron Horse. I am disappointed to hear however about the shortcomings of your visit. I apologize for the issues faced during your stay. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests and an underwhelmed is not how we want our visitors departing from our hotel. Please contact me directly to the email listed below and I would love to discuss your experience further with you. I hope to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

brisseeuw@theiornhorsehotel.com
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have been all over the world and who knew the best hotel was in my very own home state. This place is original. Nothing like it. From check in to the room to check out-everything was perfect and amazing. It's like you're in another world. I am telling my husband all about it and we're going back to Milwaukee just to stay here so I can show him this place...and I can't wait!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Natalie R-

Thank you so much about your review!! I am very happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist with when it comes time for your next trip with your husband. I would love to tell you both about the story of our hotel, as well as hear some of your stories of world traveling. Thank you again for your time, and we will be looking forward to having you back.

Until Next Time!!

Chicago, Il
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Spent a weekend for our 23rd wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. Service was exceptional and the staff truly care about your stay. Joe and Aric at the bar suggested great drinks as well as nearby attractions that we truly enjoyed. Definitely will be a hotel we return to over and over!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear live2travel42-

Thank you for being our guest at the Iron Horse. We take a lot of pride in being both an attraction and ambassadors for the great city of Milwaukee. I am glad to hear that Joe and Aric sent you on great path for your visit. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Safe Travels!!