The Iron Horse Hotel
$243
$199
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$123
$117
$224
  • Breakfast included
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortSuites
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$296
$280
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
1,842 results
All reviewsthe harley davidson museumsmyth restaurantcorner alcovemattress factorywelcome cocktailoutdoor barrain showerboutique hotelexposed brickcool hotelfavorite hotelgreat barlight sleeperawesome hotelrooms are spaciousfrom chicagohigh ceilings
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our first stay and not our last. Don't let the out of the way location turn you off. It is within walking distance of great restaurants and the river walk, and an easy walk to the lake front.
Loved the funky rooms, very comfortable beds and lots of great pillows.
Hooks for jackets and benches for helmets. Great rain shower! And a first for a hotel, dimmer switches everywhere. The valet staff went out of their way to accommodate our big truck and trailer. Every staff member we encountered provided exception friendly service.
They even provide ear plugs because there are train track nearby, but we never heard the train but the inroom refrigerator did produce a loud hum so the ear plugs came in handy.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Iron Horse hotel on the night of our wedding. We both travel quite a bit and we both agreed that for the price, the rooms simply are not worth it. They are very small and we had a large (wall-sized) photo of a woman staring at us all night. It was actually kind of creepy.

In addition to that, we tried to book a block at the hotel for our guests. However, after several emails and redirected phone calls, we decided to go somewhere else. Once the Iron Horse did get back to us, they did not answer our specific questions, rather sent a generic email with information on renting a hall for our wedding (which we did not want).

The Iron Horse has great communal rooms, and restaurants. However, their inconsistent customer service and overpriced rooms leave much to be desired.

Finally, I know that it is not expected, but it would have been nice for them to send something to the room, soda/snack etc. as a congratulations. We checked into a different hotel after our night at the Iron Horse and received a free upgrade, champagne and and congratulations card. I know it didn't cost the hotel much, but it was very much appreciated.

1  Thank LittleNomad8
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Iron Horse for a weekend in August. Overall, it was a nice stay.

I appreciated the hotel's location, near to downtown and the lakefront. Everything we wanted to do and see was close.

The hotel was clean and the rooms large and comfortable. I enjoyed have a Keurig coffee maker in the room, though they coffee, cream, and sugar were never replenished. Even so, they set up a nice coffee bar in the lobby in the mornings. The beds were extremely comfortable with great pillows!

The bathroom is spacious with a rain shower and handle sprayer, but no bath tub. We didn't have enough shampoo, conditioner, or body wash and when we called housekeeping they brought plenty up to our room in, what seemed, seconds. With extra towels! Greatly appreciated.

We ordered breakfast one morning and it was very good, hot, and came right on time.

I've seen it mentioned in a number of reviews but it's a valet-only hotel and they charge $30 a day. It's a nice touch and I've stayed in other hotels where this is the case, but sometimes I'd just prefer to get my own car instead of waiting around and then tipping the valet for walking 25 steps and driving it over. The Iron Horse should really let guests park their own cars if they desire to do so.

Our room was right against the train tracks and yes, we could hear trains passing through at night. Shutting the black-out drapes seemed to help muffle the sound a bit. What was more annoying was that we were at the end of the hallway on the second floor right near an exit door to a stairwell, the ice machine, and a service elevator. At 2am we heard drunk people talking and laughing loudly while filling up their ice buckets. It sounded as though hotel staff were coming and going via the exit door and service elevator equally late at night, though those also might have been other guests. I'm not blaming the hotel for this at all, just forewarning future guests who are light sleepers - don't use rooms 207 or 208 (and I'm guessing 307, 308, 407, 408 as the other guest floors probably have a similar set up).

There is the cutest store on the first floor of the hotel I was dying to check out but it was closed during our entire stay.

I think the hotel is lovely and cool and I've wanted to stay at the Iron Horse since it opened. It's price is above and beyond anything else in Milwaukee and I just don't think it's really worth it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room not near the train tracks.
1  Thank jracleveland
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We have only had the pleasure of staying overnight at the Iron Horse once, but we would stay here from often if we had the chance.
Everything from when you drive up with the prompt valet service, to the kind and professional staff, to the cleanliness and comfort of their rooms, Iron Horse Hotel in a perfect place to rest one's head and feel welcome.
Recommend this place to each and every person who is staying in downtown Milwaukee in the near and distant future.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stumbled across the Iron Horse Hotel through Hot Wire and what a fantastic find, best one by far in the whole trip. You are offered a 'welcome drink' upon check in. The staff was very helpful to out-of-towners. The hotel and rooms are beautifully decorated with much care given to detail. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. They are biker friendly with canopy covered parking spaces for the bikes. The restaurant was also very good. If interested they have a happening bar at night. If not, the rooms are far enough away that we didn't hear any noise. I would stay again if in Milwaukee area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple