“Milwaukee Enjoyed”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Huntington Beach, California
“Milwaukee Enjoyed”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Iron Horse Hotel a half dozen times now. I wanted to write to tell you why I will always return. The Hotel has comfortable atmosphere within a unique building. Warm and Interesting. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I enjoy the bar and the restaurant offers and excellent menu. You will not find a better staff as the service is truly outstanding. When in Milwaukee, Enjoy the Iron Horse Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JamesValona, Constance Williams- Assistant Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional customer service as well as establishing good relationships with our guests. We are always delighted to hear that guests love to stay with us when traveling to Milwaukee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I live one hour north of the Iron Horse Hotel and we stay personally many times per year just to get away. We love the location as much as the hotel itself being in the 3rd Ward area. We like the mix of bars, restaurants, distilleries, breweries, the Public Market, museums, and shops etc as we wander the area on foot.This area feels like New Orleans to us, but without having to travel there! The atmospher in the hotel has a cool industrial feel, which is as great as the staff. We have had some great times talking with the bartenders and all of the staff are freindly and helpful. I also use the Iron Horse for business since I have had many conferences in Milwaukee. The Iron Horse Hotel is my wife's favorite place to stay and we are lucky to have this ammenity so close to home! I highly recommend the Iron Horse Hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesValona, Constance Williams-Assistant Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Being centrally located near a lot of Milwaukee's great attractions, we are always excited to hear that our guests are able to experience what our city has to offer. We enjoy having you and your wife stay with us and hope to see you again soon!!!
Somers, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! We booked the Pfister but at the last minute changed to the Iron Horse. Upon entry you get a great feeling of the history of the building, which melds well with the hip nature of the hotel. Our corner room was large, and overlooked the city. The black slate tile in the room contrasted well with the exposed brick & natural beams. Also, I loved the spa amenities, some of the best we have used.
We had breakfast in the restaurant in the morn. I had the Wisconsin Scramble, which was amazing, check the menu on their website. The Neuskis bacon was the cherry on top. We will definitely be back in the summer when the patio bar, called The Yard, opens.
If you are planning a trip to Milwaukee, and enjoy finer things, the Iron Horse is a best bet.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
The hotel space is a perfect blend of industrial, natural materials and and stylish furnishings. It is such a beautiful building that we are all proud to be a part of. Thank you for the review!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is nice and refreshing. Ate at the bar early since I was on eastern time. By the time I finished the place was pretty crowded. My only complaint with the rooms would be that they are kind of dark. The lighting is not all that great, but fits with the theme of the hotel. The people at the front desk were polite efficient and pleasant in a very genuine way. Overall this was the nicest hotel I have stayed in during visits to Milwaukee.

They have a 24 hour exercise room. It doesn't have a lot of equipment, but that didn't end up being a problem.

I rarely give 5 stars. This place is close to being a 5 star in my opinion.

Room Tip: I asked to get a room away from the tracks. I could hear and feel the rumble of the trains passing...
1 Thank Maxsar911
JamesValona, Direct at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Our bar Branded and the Lobby have be come a place to be on the weekends. It is not uncommon for our guests to make friends in Milwaukee by just hanging out downstairs. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your time with us as well and thank you for the review!
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I don't normally take the time to review, but I just had to do it for this one. The hotel was great. The rooms were spacious, very clean and upscale. I was there for work and we had conferences in the meeting rooms - the food was great and they were very attentive to our needs. We also held some parties in their rooms - really cool atmosphere. The staff was very helpful. This hotel was first class all the way and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a hip, clean, and inviting atmosphere to stay at - book here!

1 Thank Stephanie P
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First time at Iron Horse, came up for the weekend from Chicago and found the staff to be warm and inviting. The ambience was trendy and very unique. Have stayed at great boutique hotels all over the country and this tops the list - the use of vintage material, the attention to details - loved every little detail. Will absolutely come back - heard there is another opening in Ohio and will be sure to visit. There was a gorgeous wedding proposal going on the evening we checked in. Irish dancers, bagpipes - I completely understand now why he chose to make this hotel part of his special night.

Room Tip: I am a heavy sleeper and never heard the train that runs right outside the hotel - my husband is a l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The proposal that you saw in the Lobby was probably one of the top 5 we had here at the hotel. We are all so lucky to be a part of special moments in people's lives. Thank you for the review and please come see us again soon!
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Drove up from Chicago, valet parking only and it was professional and friendly. Check in was an easy process and the bell staff was efficient with my luggage. The room was spacious, clean and modern with a lovely bathroom (see pictures). I had the corner loft alcove room. Good onsite restaurants and friendly guests, so very harley, loved it! Location was nice, close to downtown and there is a casino near by. Checkout was equally painless. Will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for this great review. To hear that we left such a great impression on you. To hear that we are one of the best hotels you have experienced is amazing! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again!