“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“Great hotel”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband treated me to an overnight and we weren't disappointed. From the attentive car park, desk staff to waiters in Smyth and manager Monica. We had massages that were the best we've had,(we've tried many different places). Our room was a corner with windows on both sides. Even though we looked out on factories, it was clean and nicely spaced with a great shower that had a rainfall spigot. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are so fortunate to have such a great team and Monica is such a wonderful example. I will be sure she sees this and thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
port washingotn
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed the night at the Iron Horse to see a concert that was in town. We were blown away with the excellent customer service upon arriving at the hotel. When we checked into our room we were greeted with friendly staff that went above the job spec's and also received a amazing complementary cocktail that we were able to bring to our room. We dined at their restaurant, the Symth, and was the best food I have eaten since I've moved to WI. I'm a very picky eater and from Cali so my husband is always nervous about taking me to restaurants because the food usually doesn't satisfy my pallet. We will defiantly be going back to stay again. My husband liked it so much that he wants to visited there monthly. I'm skeptical about other peoples reviews but I must say all 635 are all true.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor facing the Harley Museum and the view was amazing. You don't hear any...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Smyth is really a wonderful restaurant and we appreciate your kind comments about it. The focus of our chef is on local food and midwest flavors. We look forward to having you back!
Upton, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Do not hesitate to book the Iron Horse Hotel. In a homogenized hotel landscape -- rescue me, please, from the Marriott family of properties -- this creative space is quite the find. The staff is friendly, the food is top-notch, the beer (naturally) is superb, and the special touches abound. And this is before you get to the room.

I won't get into too much detail on the actual accommodations because you will want to spend time yourself enjoying each and every creative detail -- and they are numerous. I will tip off one thing -- I'm a sucker for a rainforest shower.

Was enjoying myself so much that I waited until the last moment to leave and rushed to catch my flight. In doing so, left one of my travel bags in the room. The next day, it arrived at my home via FedEx.

Way to go, Iron Horse. You are No. 1 in Milwaukee for a reason. Will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We welcome you to our Family and we're glad your made your flight. Thank you for writing such a kind review. Our oversized slate and glass shower rooms will be awaiting your next visit!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My daughter who resides in Milwaukee gifted us an overnight stay at the Iron Horse. This was not our first time being there, but it was a first for staying overnight. From the front desk check-in to checking-out the next day, the entire staff was very prompt, attentive, and everyone had pleasing attitudes. The atmosphere and decor is perfect! Relaxed, yet sexy and spohisticated. After our visit to the Harley Museum we went down to the bar for a cocktail and the drinks to the crowd was a great mix of everyone. We were pleasantly surprised at not only the convenient location but also how quiet the area was. Within walking distance to the Harley-Davidson Museum, 2 minute drive to the casino, and minutes from downtown, this is just overall a hotel you would love to go back to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I can not thank you enough for your wonderful comments on the staff here at The Iron Horse. They are the heart of the hotel and a huge part of our success. Please come see us again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our weekend at the Iron Horse exceeded our expectations in every way. Room was ample and stylish. Staff was incredible and attentive. Food and bar were great. It made for a phenomenal weekend in Milwaukee. Can't wait to get back for another visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments about our hotel! We would love to have you back anytime you are in Milwaukee!
Chicago
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and were so impressed with the decor, upscale biker friendly. We have never experienced a staff so friendly or helpful at any other hotel. The stays are pricey but you are rewarded with impeccable service and amenities. Great hotel restaurant and bar with a hip vibe.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel and the people who work hard everyday to create wonderful experiences for all of our guests!
Barrington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We are originally from Milwaukee but now reside in Chicago. We still have family in the Milwaukee area so we visit often. Whenever possible we stay and book a room at the Iron Horse Hotel.
The hotel has a warm, cozy, inviting atmosphere. The lobby has a rustic/urban feel and we always try to dine our have a cocktail there. The bar is just as welcoming. The Smyth restaurant is delicious and the staff is always well versed with the menu and friendly. Food is excellent. If you have time on a Sunday the brunch is outstanding with a great variety of choices, I always save room for the Tiramisu pancakes.
The rooms are always impeccable and the staff is attentive with housekeeping, as well as valet and front desk.
The Iron Horse accepts pets and they are treated well with a bowl full of treats and personal welcome board with their name.
If you are in the Milwaukee area you must visit, you will not be disappointed. The Iron horse is located near many Milwaukee destination spots such as The Harley Museum, The Milwaukee Public Market as well as the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Room Tip: We have enjoyed all the rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela Z
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for staying with us when you come back to Milwaukee! The tiramisu pancakes on our Route 66 brunch menu are amazing and I am happy to hear you like them as well. We will see you next time!