“I wish I could go again”

The Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This last weekend when I stayed at the iron horse hotel, I found my visit very pleasing. The room service was simply fabulous and when I came back from a long and tiring day of sight seeing I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was spotless. In my conclusion the Milwaukee iron horse hotel was overall the second best hotel in the state (the first being obviously Baker House) was quite enjoyable and I would love to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Critic-of-pleasure
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. We hope that you can come see us again too!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here and the service was 2nd to none. From the time we pulled our car in valet to when we picked our car up, we were treated as if we were their #1 priority. The lobby area is clean, comforting, and warm and when you get to your room you feel as though for a night or two that you are royalty. The dining and room service was outstanding and we have recommended this hotel to all of our friends and out of town family. If you want a rustic luxurious experience The Iron Horse Hotel is Milwaukee's finest. Any room has a great view and you are minutes away from the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee. Treat yourself and a guest and when you do, choose Iron Horse.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian414
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you two had such a great time with us and even happier that you felt taken care of. Thank you for telling your friends and everyone on TripAdvisor about your experience!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Altough the Hotel is very cool and unique the service was not a 4 star rating. Our room was never cleaned, serviced or restocked despite asking 2 times durning the day for at least clean towels to be delivered. We ended up having to walk to the front desk to obtain new towel. The restarant, again while very unique and different the food was average and the waitress could tell us nothing about the menu, and when we walked into the bar 2 staff just looked up from what they were doing and then went back to looking at what they were doing we had to ask them if they could take our order and we were only 4 of 6 people in the bar area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Addventrdg
JamesValona, Director of Geust Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I am so sorry to hear that you had anything less than an amazing stay with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you to see where we let you down and how we can make it better. You may reach me at jvalona@theironhorsehotel.com or by calling the hotel directly at 414-374-4766. I truly hope to hear from you.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Historic, chic, and a great energy prevails throughout Milwaukee's Iron Horse Hotel. It's not cheap but the property is five stars all around. The rooms are ultra comfortable, the bar area is lively, and the restaurant fabulous. Treat yourself to this place, this is one you'll remember for a long time.

Room Tip: Play a game off pool, downstairs. The best table I've ever played.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PlatterTalk

I saw that you suggested to our other guests that they try our pool table while they are with us. The pool table is 100+years old and comes from Madison, WI. The owner of the hotel found it and had it rebuilt to the way it originally was. It is such a cool piece and I am so happy you appreciated it. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Iron Horse Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is a perfect place for a sophisticated person who likes luxurious beds & great food in a unique historic building that was redesigned perfectly. The rooms are spacious and very quiet.....and the spaces available for social functions are intimate yet not stuffy. And hey, bring your Harley cause its right next door to the incredible Harley Museum.

Room Tip: Ask for the "see through shower rooms" for some real fun!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LinnTheFinn

We do our best in trying to give all of our guests a luxiourous yet comfortable experience that we hope they will remember after they have gone. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Iron Horse is a great hotel. We arrived the Monday before Thanksgiving, and this was the 1st hotel stay for our 2 yo Leo - a 90 lb German Shepherd. Very dog friendly. Leo's name on the pet guest board, treats and water by the elevator.

Large, spacious room - lots of places to put your stuff. Room looked toward Downtown. Nice view.

Very close to downtown. Third Ward is a 5-7 minute walk. Easy Interstate access. We could be to my sister's house in Whitefish Bay in 10 minutes.

The staff is great. Very friendly and accommodating. Had a great breakfast each morning. Had snacks and beer in the bar. Leo even joined us for a beer in the once (he didn't drink - just people watched). Every experience a good one.

Truly 5 star hotel and 5 star experience. And very price competitive. I've paid more for a tired room in a Marriott or Hyatt.

Only place to stay in Milwaukee.

Dave, John and Leo - Lincoln, NE

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave68516

Thank you so much for not only writing us such a great review but also for coming to stay with us while you are in Milwaukee. We hope to have you and Leo with us again the next time you are back in Milwaukee!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel is where IT is at. The lobby, rooms, bar and restaurant are were decorated super cool and stylish. The mural on the wall in the room was a nice touch and I love the dog friendly touch. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly B
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We truly do appreciate the time our guests take to write a review about our hotel.