The Iron Horse Hotel
$220
  • Breakfast included
$183
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$93
$167
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$159
1,845 results
All reviewsthe harley davidson museumsmyth restaurantcorner alcovemattress factorywelcome cocktailoutdoor barrain showerboutique hotelexposed brickcool hotelfavorite hotelgreat barlight sleeperawesome hotelrooms are spaciousfrom chicagohigh ceilings
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are a motorcycle buff , this is the place to be. The staff is great and it is the place to be. The Harley museum is a short walk or ride from the hotel. The yard is always happening and the parking lot has plenty of cool rides. See you 2013 at the 110th anniversary party.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Robert M
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

If you like bikes you have to check out our Bike Night on Thursdays during the summer. Every week we feature a different bike and we always have a good time. Thanks you for the review!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

First off, I didn't get to stay overnight here. The Iron Horse was the destination of a recent business convention and they booked up so fast, I had to stay elsewhere, which was not only a disappointment, but a huge inconvenience for me. So, I was not a happy camper when I walked in. The problem was, they fell over themselves being so nice to me that I tried to stay mad, but couldn't. We had a very tight schedule all day Thursday that went late into the evening, so I called my other hotel for a late check-in (which was The Hilton downtown Milwaukee, see that review too). I decided to leave my truck at the Iron Horse Hotel and take a taxi to the Hilton later on, this saved me on another parking fee. The parking attendant guys were the nicest guys ever, opening the door, greeting you, they pulled up my truck at the end of the night, got my luggage out, called the taxi all with a smile. It doesn't end there, the next morning, they pulled up my truck again, put my luggage back in and re-parked the truck until 2:00 Friday afternoon, all for $24.00. These guys not only deserve good tips, but made an unhappy person feel a whole lot better. Being a woman, alone in an unfamiliar city, they made me feel at home. I truly wished I could have stayed there, everyone was commenting on how comfortable the beds were, so I did have to pout a little. At the end of Thursday evening our convention had free drink tickets in the bar. I tried talking to some of the folks in our group, but was just feeling sorry for myself and sat at the bar, well the bartender was like an entertainer, before long I was laughing and having fun watching all that was going on in this very busy bar and how they handled it all. This boutique hotel is first class, but laid back, which is exactly what I liked most about it - it feels like home. The lunch they served was excellent too. I will be back and next time I'm staying there! They are dog friendly too, biker friendly. It's just the coolest, hippest place and I'm bringing my girlfriends for a girls get away. We usually stay in downtown Chicago, but the parking and room fees are getting to be a little too much and this is closer to home for me. Check it out, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Book well in advance of your stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bjtours

I can honestly say that our Valet team are some of the nicest people around. I am so happy that they turned your day around. Hopefully you will stay with us next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My trade association met in Milwaukee last week. Since many of the meetings were at Iron Horse, several of us stayed there as well. What a wonderful experience! All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the food we had was very good, and the lobby and rooms were outstanding! One of the owners of the hotel spoke with us to explain their renovation of this historic building - built in 1907. When renovation was underway, wonderful wooden beams and 18 inch posts were uncovered, hand-sanded and saved, adding to the charm of the finished product. Each of the 100 rooms has an enlarged photo mural of a Milwaukee woman which has been hand embellished by the artist. The bed was comfortable and the decor (especially the shower) was very unusual and added to the boutique quality of the hotel. Drinks were expensive - but that was to be expected in such a high-end hotel. My only complaint was the toilet paper - not as soft as one would expect in such luxury. OK - so I'm fussy! The hotel was planned with bikers as well as business people in mind. Jeans, leather and business suits are all acceptable attire. The motorcycle in the lobby was beautiful - plus the Harley Davidson museum is within walking distance. We'll be certain to return.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a great choice. I understand there are corner suites which are even larger and more luxurious than ours, but I didn't see one. We were on the 3rd floor and all was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WI-Hilda

Thank you for the review. It really is a beautiful building. I hope you stay with us again when you visit Milwaukee next!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked a night at the Iron Horse for the night after our wedding. We live in WI but had never stayed at the Iron Horse. I have to say we thought it was amazing!! I travel quite a bit all over the country for work and this is my favorite hotel! It is so unique, the rooms are very cool without being over the top modern. We want the bed and pillows in our room. They were so comfortable!The staff was very nice and Bonnie was very helpful. Since our stay less than a week ago I keep telling all of my friends that a night at the Iron Horse is a MUST DO!! Thank you for making our wedding night stay extra special.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle B

Congratulations and thank you for spending your wedding with us! I will make sure that Bonnie sees your comments and we hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is great.Great service by everyone. Every employee had a smile on their face and an attitude asking what else can we do for you. The room was great. we had a top floor room with high ceilings open venting anf a beautiful bath.If you are looking for a hoted near th HD museum this is the one. Although it caters to motorcyclists anyone would feel welcome. the hotel features a restaurant, bar and patio. we ate at the bar and the food was good.

Marvin W

Room Tip: Try a room on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marvin W
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Thank you so much!