The Iron Horse Hotel
$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$93
$189
GardenInn.com
$197
$182
  • Room Service
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
1,845 results
All reviewsthe harley davidson museumsmyth restaurantcorner alcovemattress factorywelcome cocktailoutdoor barrain showerboutique hotelexposed brickcool hotelfavorite hotelgreat barlight sleeperawesome hotelrooms are spaciousfrom chicagohigh ceilings
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This place is fabulous in all departments, the customer service when we checked in was a clear indication that this place set their standards very high. The room was spotless and the decor was industrial yet romantic...I know that seems like an oxymoron but just trust me on this. the room itself was so beautiful...high ceilings and exposed brickwork with beautiful artwork adorning the mail wall that had a large flat screen t.v that was perfect to view from the comfortable king bed.
The large walk-in rain shower was great as well, h20 Plus products also.
We dined at Smyth and all I am going to say is the Venison Osso Bucco is a signature dish for a reason, the service was excellent and the waitress was so attentive without being annoying.
Overall we will be back, this is a great place and they are so professional without being stuffy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KC773
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

It is wonderful hear that you had an amazing time not only in the hotel but Smyth as well. We pride ourselves on the service we provide so it is always appreciated when a guest lets us know that we are doing well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This one of the TOP hotels in the State,
it is pure Genius, from my room you can see the Harley Davidson Museum, also something you must visit while your in Milwaukee,

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review! The views of the Harley Museum are pretty spectacular and I am happy to hear you enjoyed them.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went up for summer fest this past summer and did not know where to stay. I looked on trip advisor which recommended this hotel. How great of a hotel. We had a corner alcove room that was beautiful. Everything is top notch and so clean. I have already sent two other couples there. The only problem I had was in paying. I had a reservation with the front desk for a certain price, but when I got our bill under the door in the morning, it was $100.00 more. The girl at the front was hesitant to fix it. I had the printed reservation with me and had to wait while she checked on it. I should have just spoken to the manager to begin with. It was taken care of, but I had to wait about 20 minutes for it to be straightened out. Other than that, it was one of the coolest hotels I have stayed in. We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

It is great to hear that you decided to stay with us because you saw our reviews on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us but I also want to apologize for the billing error. I understand that mistakes happen but great service is best reflected in how a mistake is corrected and I feel as though your billing error was not handled the way it should have been. For that I am sorry. If there is anything I am able to do for you please let me know. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was my second stay at The Iron Horse Hotel, and it was amazing. We stayed two years ago during Summer Fest and got to enjoy The Yard. I was nervous that a winter stay would not be as memorable... I was wrong!
This stay was to celebrate my 30th birthday. We reserved a section of the lobby for a party and invited 35 friends to join us for cocktails and fun. About 15 of the friends also stayed the night and everyone had only wonderful things to say about their stay.

Jamie (Desires) was great and stocked our room with my favorite things... gin, limes, yellow tulips, and birthday hats! Janine in the sales department was super helpful with the party planning process too. Everyone who works at The Iron Horse is a rockstar.

The service at the Iron Horse is impeccable. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is so chic and comfortable. I would move in permanently if the opportunity presented itself.

I would (and often do) recommend this place to everyone I know. Thanks, Iron Horse, for a memorable birthday weekend!

Room Tip: The corner alcove rooms are large and roomy and great if you plan to have guests over for a drink in your room. The basic rooms are also amazingly roomy and comfy though! If you are a light sleeper, make sure you ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from the train.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lacey R
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

It is great to see that you decided to stay with us again! It is true that there is more to do during the warmer months but that just makes all of us here work that much harder to make sure everyone has a great time. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you during Summerfest this year!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Our recent stay at the Iron Horse was incredible. My wife wanted to celebrate her 30th birthday at the hotel and she was not disappointed. The atmosphere was (and always has been) second to none, absolutely perfect. The room (ours was a corner room) was spacious, clean, and very welcoming, as always.

The staff is incredible. Any request I made this weekend was greeted with a smile and a "We'll make that happen for you." Jamie, with the Your Desires Program, made sure that our room was set up perfectly upon check in. The staff, during the party, was amazingly friendly as well. My wife was ecstatic with her party experience!

Also, the staff at Smyth made the day after wonderful as well. They were able to accomodate a last minute large group reservation and handled our large party with ease.

I cannot recommend the Iron Horse Hotel enough. I live less than one hour from the hotel, but I invent reasons to spend the night. It's truly a one of a kind, incredible experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that your wife had such a great time at her birthday party and that you both had great experiences with our staff. Thank you so much for letting everyone on Tripadvisor how much you enjoyed your stay.