“Cool”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Cool hotel with excellent staff. Great rooms, very good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only downside might be noise from the trains, but that did not bother us at all (and there are complimentary earplugs in the rooms). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Iron Horse Hotel

Reviewed May 17, 2011

My daughter and son-in-law had opted for the Iron Horse for their wedding ceremony and reception and it was absolutely outstanding! They were wonderful to work with and the food was outstanding for a party of 119 people. Everyone was kind and courteous and the dinner was excellent. My husband and I also booked a room for the evening and they are ulta-modern, clean and very comfortable. If you are looking for a place to have a gathering with no worries, this is the place to go!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed and the Iron Horse for two nights and also held an event in the "Library" room. The hotel is beautiful - very unique decor that wowed all our guests. The staff was wonderful from the valets to the people at the front desk to the staff that coordinated our event. Our room had a great view of the city of Milwaukee and the trains that went by were charming; the noise did not bother us a bit. The event was beautiful - I highly recommend the Library room; we had around 150 guests - the food was great and the service was spot on. Overall, the hotel is a very classy, high-end hotel and we were proud to hold our event there. I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The hotel was great. A wonderful experience from the decor to the exceptional service.I have travelled all over the world and it was a surprise to find a beautiful room that was a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This place absolutely rocks! I tend to stay in Marriott's or Hilton's when I am on the road and this was an absolute blessing in disguise. Who knew such a cool hotel could be located in such an 'uncool' town.
The hotel lobby/bar are outstanding. Loud music and great art work set the stage for the rest of the hotel. The hotel rooms are amazing. If you are looking for a soft bed and a superb night sleep, look no further.
I had one of my best sleeps ever in a hotel at the Iron Horse. Their attention to detail is what blew me away. They had my favorite Kureg coffee flavor - outstanding!
The showers are super modern with no gross shower curtain.

What more can I say. If you are looking for a contemporary hotel and don't mind paying a small premium to stay in a more upscale hotel, treat yourself to the Iron Horse Hotel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be super cool.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
ironhorsehotel, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Iron Horse Hotel. We truly appreciate all the wonderful things you said in your review. If there is anything we can help you with during a future stay please let me know. We hope to see you again soon and have a fantastic spring.

Jason Ilstrup
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at the Iron Horse this past weekend for a bachelorette party and it was absolutely amazing. The design was unique, rooms spacious, unbelievable amenities and the staff was genuinely excited to greet and assist us. Though we were just a group of girls staying for a night of fun, they treated us like we were the richest people in the place.

I've stayed at several hotels in Milwaukee and none even come close to comparing with the Iron Horse. A wonderful experience that I'm looking forward to enjoying again!

Room Tip: Just ask - the staff was so accomodating!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

We can’t thank you enough for your excellent review. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience at the Iron Horse Hotel. I will pass on your kind comments to the entire staff. Everyone will love to hear about your stay. If you need anything during your next visit please don’t hesitate to ask. Hopefully we will see you again soon and have a wonderful spring.

Jason Ilstrup
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel was beautiful and so worth the money! Go online and sign up for the iron horse free desire club and you will get a discount as well. When I checked in they brought a complementary drink up to my room, and were so nice our entire stay! Very sheik, modern and comfortable place, I would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011