“It's all in the crust which is AMAZING (ok, the toppings are great too)”

Transfer Pizzeria Cafe
Ranked #34 of 1,556 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The pull, chew factor of the crust is simply unlike any other place - it has a perfect thickness and crispness without being cracker crust thin! The toppings are amazing as are the fresh ribbons of cheese depending on your choice of many wonderful toppings on the pies. My husband loves the basted egg options while I love the traditional toppings - with smaller sizes, there is something for everyone!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Read lots of reviews that this was it...the real deal in pizza. But boy does it miss the mark. I was in Milwaukee from San Francisco and wanted to try it with my family. Here's the deal...when you walk in, it doesn't smell like pizza. Duh...should have been our first clue. Hostess a bit of an attitude that we were a party of five and if we wanted to rush it could have the round table. If not would have to wait. We waited no problem. Got a funky table, but doable. Ordered the pizza with sausage and another margherita. The sausage pizza was undercooked and had to send back. They threw it back in the oven but as we all know that really doesn't work with pizza. Margherita was ok. Nothing to rave about. Guess what...next night we went out for pizza at Zaffiros off of Brady Street....now that is pizza.

Would not return nor would I recommend. What I did like is the old historic building.

2  Thank MKtravelers19
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Tasty pizza and gluten free options. All pizzas can be served GF. Tuesdays offer $2.00 wines at happy hour. Highly recommend the house red.

Local art on the walls.

Great servers who were happy to serve and help.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I moved to Milwaukee a year ago and have been on a quest to find decent pizza since coming here. I've gone online to local review websites but have been consistently disappointed; many of the highest-reviewed sites seem to be there more out of nostalgia (high school dates??) than actual quality. Too often, the crust was bland and the ingredients clearly came out of a can. Transfer Cafe is the real thing, though. Great dough (like you'd find in Italy), fresh ingredients, unique and inspired combinations, and a pleasant atmosphere make this my top choice by a wide margin for Brewer City. And my wife says the gluten-free crust was amazing.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I heard great comments about this place but i was dissapointed because it was just average food. The bruschetta that many people mentioned was just bread with some average salame and cheese. The pizza was good but nothing impressive. I wouldnt mind going back but most likely i wont since i like to try new restaurants

1  Thank southamericandude