“Great Value for Downtown Dining Week!”
Review of Zarletti

Zarletti
Reserve with OpenTable
Zarletti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I liked everything about this place: good atmosphere, great bartender, nice wine selection. We tried the prix fixe menu for Downtown Dining Week. What a value. My husband's pistachio crusted grouper was prepared perfectly. I went for the osso bucco which was outstanding. The meal included desserts which we were to full to eat but looked great. The place is small but we enjoy eating at the bar anyway and there are a few high tops there. The owner came around and greeted everyone.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Was in Milwaukee for business and visited during a weekday night based on recommendations from locals. Fairly packed but able to get a seat right away. Knowledgable wait staff that explained everything quite well. Extensive wine list by either the glass or bottle. We skipped appetizers and went right for the main course - which was one of the specials for the night and not found on the menu. The seafood risotto was perfect ! Saved room for dessert and had the tiramisu which was good but not up to the risotto experience. Overall, very pleased with the experience and would return.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to Milwaukee for a week and a half for work. During the weekend, my coworkers went to Chicago while i stayed in Milwaukee. I went to Zarletti for dinner the first night and it was incredible. My waitor was extremely friendly and told me where the good shopping was. The salmon was incredible, as was my dessert. Later the following week, everyone ended up going there. It was just as good the second time around. It was the best experience I could have had.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Enjoyed a quite a good meal at Zarletti. Accompanied by a very nice red from their house range. Probably more like 3.5 than 4, but cannot make that rating. Good staff for a weeknight. Would eat here again.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

While the kitchen at this thriving Milwaukee Italian, located on the city's restaurant row, is quite good, the service and wine expertise of the GM Brian were exemplary. His warmth and professionalism set the tone for the evening. Our Caesar salads were just great, with just the correct amount of seasoning and thankfully, not overly drenched. The pastas had mixed results. The pappardelle mushroom ragout was not very memorable and the pasta was rather mushy. In contrast, the Bolognese pasta was perfectly al dente and the sauce had the correct amount of earthiness. We did not taste the signature Osso Bucco , but the Veal Milanese was quite tasty. Both the cheesecake and tirimasu were just light enough to be a perfect finale. While Zarletti's would not rank with our greatest Italian dining experiences, it is one of Milwaukee's finest Italian restaurants.

1  Thank Philip G