“New Year's Eve dinner for 4 - Nice first time experience”
Review of Zarletti

Zarletti
Reserve with OpenTable
Zarletti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Had New Year's eve reservations for 4 people. Arrived 30 minutes early to have a drink at the bar. Drinks were good.The bartender came up with a great martini when given an idea of what was liked. Had to wait a bit longer for our table so we were given some toast and spreads to hold us over. Nice touch. The seating in the place seems very tight, although we probably had one of the best tables in the place. In a corner away from excess traffic & noise. Our server was polite, professional, but a tad too chilly. Entrees ordered were Halibut (excellent), salmon (excellent) and chicken (very good). All came w/ gargonzola mashed potatoes (very good). Just a bit odd that no side of pasta was offered at an Italian restaurant. Shared a banana dessert (delicious!). A wonderful dinner & atmosphere. Great bartender & hostess. Everyone we encountered were very professional and polite.

There are newer reviews for Zarletti

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We ate here early on a Friday night, good time to go. The staff was very attentive, good beverages, fabulous food. We had the calamari, mushroom appetizer and the lamb special with gnocchi - I'd recommend them all. The only thing I noticed was the host - he seemed a little off. He hit my chair a few times passing between me and the bar, just seemed like he was off or uncomfortable, stressed out. Otherwise a great experience although a little pricey for pasta.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I went to zarletti during milwaukee dining week and the food was below average. we had olive oil pasta which was very plain. dessert was average and salad was just a salad.

1  Thank southamericandude
Reviewed October 17, 2011

While my lunch was acceptable and the service fine, this restaurant did not stand out in my mind in any way. The menu was bizarre. Expensive antipasti with little selection. I thought the Insalate selection was nice. I didn't get the Panini and Sandwich sections. Two different sections. The pasta selection was nice.

The bread and olive oil/vinegar/Parmesan cheese that we started with was ok. The bread wasn't really warm, but it was acceptable, but there wasn't a lot of taste.

I had the Del Boscaiolo panini, which was good but I wouldn't order it again. I had to pay extra to have a side salad instead of kettle chips.

Again, this place is fine, if overpriced. There was not a single thing that would make me return to this restaurant. Perhaps it's better at dinner instead of lunch.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

What a fabulous restuarant. Excellent food, great service, wonderful wine selection.
It's a must if you are in Milwaukee. Will make it our "go to" place every time we come to Milwaukee.