“A Great Find!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have now been to Balzac 3 times and each has been memorable. We love trying their small plates. Some are traditional and other exotic (like Duck Nachos). The service and the wine selection is good. If you are a wine lover try Thursday nights!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Balzac has a nice selection of Tapas, beer and wine. My favorite tapas is the roasted duck nachos, but the savory doughnut is something worth trying. The environment is eclectic and fun. Definitely give it a try when you are visiting Brady Street in

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Spent the first few weeks of my summer in Milwaukee for school and stumbled onto this great restaurant in a hip part of town. I enjoyed the wine and several small plates with my friends. It is hard to go wrong with any selection on the menu. We enjoyed sitting outside in the garden area/behind restaurant. The service was good! I will be back next summer.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm cheating and doing a hometown restaurant because someone needs to tell you: this place is great. If you find your way to Balzac on a night when a bottle of wine is half price, you'll leave with a happy tummy and a reasonable check. Their small plates demand to be shared. Truffle fries are a must.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were in Milwaukee for a three-day weekend and we tried this restaurant. Love the atmosphere it's intimate and perfect for date night. The servers were friendly and the food was awesome. Just a heads up though that these are small plates.