“Cut us we bleed rust!!!”

Sobelman's Pub & Grill
Ranked #13 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Okay we are on truly hallowed ground here. I remember it like it was yesterday. We were headed back from Door County and had only read about Sobelman's. Not paying to have my 2005 Garmin updated we did a circuitous, and totally unnecessary, route through the neighborhood of first a little ghetto and then whole lot heavy industrial, that actual gave you your bearings and Sobelman’s context. We are from the Southside of Chicago, so, so far okay. Holiday weekend and the area is dead, but after a line of 50 parked trucks with the same logo, there it is, the lot jammed, the place jammed. Where did all these people come from? We get the last/only table between the line for the women’s toilet and the kitchen’s two way express door. Okay an uphill battle from here, but the Sobelman-Burger with three cheeses, jalapeño, and Canadian bacon soothed out any apprehensions. Absolutely heaven, in that sort-of Milwaukee way.

1  Thank HelloJoeOne
There are newer reviews for Sobelman's Pub & Grill

Reviewed April 8, 2010

On a business trip, I was taken to Sobelman's for a quick bite and to watch some baseball. This place is a local hangout - an uncomplicated and informal atmosphere, a good burger, and beer. As many of the reviews point out, the slightly sweet bun complements the burger. I had the signature Sobelman burger with a strange mix of cheese and hot peppers. It all works together and greatly complements the wide beer choice (I had a Hacker Pschorr Weissbier). I sat in the bar area which has plenty of TVs - good place to watch baseball (it was Brewer's opening day).
If you are looking for a fancy or upscale burger choice, go elsewhere. But for its genre and local appeal, I recommend the visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

We've eaten here a number of times over the past few years, but wanted to submit a review based on our latest visit. We've never had a "bad" visit.

As usual, the place was crowded, but we were seated in the new addition after about a 10 minute wait. In the past, everything was in the main bar area and could be quite loud and boisterous, but now that they've expanded, the new area is a little more sedate, but not what I'd call peaceful. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly, despite being very busy. Their burger buns make a big difference in the quality and I've had a number of toppings at one time or another, all very good. The Sobelman's is most notable and remains quite a challenge, if you're up to it.

If you're in the area, it's a great place for a beer and burger in a fun, historic atmosphere.

Reviewed June 1, 2009

the sobelman burger, need i say more?

Reviewed March 25, 2009

The burger I had at Sobelman's was just ok. The bun was great and I left very full, but definitely not the best burger in Milwaukee. The burger was around $6 and came with fries so you won't break the bank there. The bloody mary was great and was a meal in itself, but it was more than the burger, $7.50 lol. I would definitely check it out, maybe you would be more impressed than I was!