“Great lunch spot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you have an appetite and a hankering for a great burger and Milwaukee brewed microbrew from the tap....go no further than this place!! If you are really famished substitute a Bloody Mary for the microbrew!! The place is always busy for lunch...go see why!

Visited December 2013

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just love this place. It does exactly what it should do. Good beer and great burgers. A little out of town but worth the trek in my opinion.

Visited October 2013
“Must Try for the Burger Lover”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Sobelman's is a beer joint who's burger offerings rank among the best I've tried on a national scale. This is not a fancy place. From the outside it lacks the warm, inviting appeal of the gourmet burger places found in the suburbs. Do yourself a favor and look past the corner-bar patina and go inside. Take a seat in one of the less than comfortable chairs and order a beverage and whatever burger catches your eye. Watch the closed circuit feed from the kitchen as they cook your burger, then bite into one of the finest burgers you'll ever taste. To appreciate the food you have to get past the lack of ambiance. For me, this is one of the five best burger joints in the country.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank STP1606
“Really wanted to like it!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

But on the way home I kept thinking how bummed I was. I got really hyped up when I saw a Food Wars between AJ bombers and Sobelman's. So I did my research and ended up falling in love with the idea of the Bloody Mary with the slider at Sobelman's- my hubby loves Bloody Marys. We get there around 2pm Saturday and they were slammed. We were told 45 minute wait and since we were so stoked to eat we waited- alot of people behind us left. We only waited about 20 min! Our bar top table was right in a path of where they probably houldn't have had tables because I kept getting bumped and the poor waitresses had a hard time getting to some tables. Special drinks were pretty expensive but we had to get the bloody with the slider. It was OK- looks alot bigger in the pics online. The slider was fine- beef not seasoned which should have tipped me off what was to come. The shrimp on it was not nearly as fresh as the one we had the night before at Ward's House of Prime. Of the three bloody's my hubby had that weekend Sobelman's was his least favorite.
Onto the food- The Mozzerella Sticks were awesome because they use wonton wrappers which is my fave way to have them but I dont think they were homemade. Burgers- I had the Hangover and was pretty bummed super greasy and not in a good way. Thank goodness for the pickles or that thing would have only had grease flavor. The burger had no seasoning, the egg on top- no seasoning, even the cheese disappeared. The bacon was hard to bite through and kept slipping off the bun and slapping me in the face. I felt like I needed to wash my face afterwards. The cheesecurds I paid extra for instead of fries were nothing special. I think I buy the same ones in the freezer section at the grocery store... My Hubby got the BOMB which was more of the same only that the blue cheese gave it some flavor. He too was not happy with the amount of grease. Don't get me wrong- we love messy, heart attack inducing burgers so it's not that we were expecting health food, but there's a difference. Next time we will go to AJ's and see if the seasoning was why they won the food wars.

• Visited November 2013
Joliet, Illinois
“better visit the second time”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We got a chance to get back to sobelman's, but we went to the marquette location this time. The bacon wrapped cheese balls were very good and the burgers were awesome. The service at this location was far better than the one on st. paul. Hopefully the other location was having a bad day when we visited there last time, because the food is really good pub grub. I def. recommend sobleman's marquette location,

• Visited November 2013