“Simply the Best Burger”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Without a doubt the best burger, cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger in Milwaukee. I have traveled coast to coast and eaten countless burgers, but nothing is like the bacon cheeseburger at Sobelman's (order it with Neutske's bacon). It is a great bar scene but kind of small so expect to wait on Friday and Saturday evenings. Large selection of beers on tap, and the best Blood Mary I've ever had. Reasonable prices too. A little hard to find a parking place and in a rather "funky" neighborhood but do not let that deter you. Simply the best !!

1  Thank JackJackCalifornia

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We heard about the food war and how Sobelman's lost-we had to try it for ourselves! Went there on a weekday evening and it was packed. We both got a burger. You can't beat the food or the prices! My burger and fries were $5.75 and my beer was $1.75. The burger was good tasting and not small by any means. Our waitress was very attentive.
Maybe Sobelman's should've won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recount!

1  Thank Lawrence D
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Visited on a Sunday with my family. The inside was full so we sat outside since it was nice day outside. The service was great and the food was even better. The prices ate reasonable and the burger was one of the best I have had. The place gets busy after Brewer games so I would recommend avoiding at that time so you don't have to wait.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Saw on Food Wars, which when I travel I try to stop at as seen on TV places. While the atmosphere and service were great, the food was okay. I had the "Loser " burger and the wife had the "Sobelman" so I tried both. The bun was tasty but overwhelmed the burger.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Went here with my boyfriend and my younger brother. Place wasn't hard to find with GPS and easy to spot when we noticed that the street went from empty to seeing a lot of parked cars. We went around 3pm on a Saturday. We were a little intimidated when we first walked in because it just looks like a shady pub, but we were greeted warmly as we stepped through the door and someone helped us get a table right away. There were some families with kids, some older people at the bar, and groups at tables. The staff were all really helpful and funny. Our server was amazing and you really get a family feeling. We all ordered the Sobelman Burger and it was one of the best burgers I've ever tried. I really didn't want to believe the hype and always thought "It's just a burger, how great can it be?" but this really was a good burger! The fries were good too.

1  Thank dustydreamer