“Urban Ambiance”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Wisconsin
“Urban Ambiance”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We came in to eat at this restaurant from Oconomowoc (30 miles West) on our roughly weekly sojourn to try Milwaukee's great emerging restaurant/Bistro scene. What a Delight!

Fairly late reservations for 2 were accepted. The (hostess/owner?) apologized as we were a bit early and seated us at the bar andcontinued to check on how we were doing as a couple lingered at the table...always an issue with a small place. However, the bartender was very friendly and the wait was more than worth it. Food prices were very good considering the quality. The setting was a treat as they have used a subtle but strong look to the older building. We dined inside, but I would consider outdoor dining in a minute if weather pertitted.
Chris. our server was attentive and made nice recommendations. We had a great bottle of temperanillo for a VERY fair price of $40. I do a lot of wine and have a small vineyard...trust me their prices are fair and appropriate.
Special was excellent (Duck with a fine, non friut based sauce) and the cornish hen raised this pedestrian foul to heights it could never fly on its' own. We split a lobster roll as an appetixer and both vowed to come back for lunch just for that...
GO there...Just not on days/nights whe we want to get in!!!!

• Visited September 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have been to Buckley's several times over the past summer, trying different menu items and wines. Buckley's consistently meets the mark of one of Milwaukee's best restaurants on both Service and Cuisine. It's elevated menu and elegant yet comfortable atmosphere make it the perfect place for intimate dinners with family or friends, dates or even business dinners with established relationships. The service has always been friendly and relaxed, helping impart the important air of leisure to dinner.

Last night I was in the mood for fish, and our delightful server Kelly recommended the Lobster Roll. Huge chunks of lobster in a light, slightly sweet tarragon aioli served in a warm buttered split-top bun. Not a heavy sauce, the lobster was perfectly prepared. We enjoyed sitting outside and watching the sun setting over the city. At the end of dinner Kelly hunted down the last piece of carrot cake (a specialty of the house), although the key lime pie with Oreo cookie crust was also a huge hit at our table. During dinner we tried two different wines: an unoaked chardonnay and a Vouvray - both were lovely. The wine list has a nice variety of wines, and your party is sure to find something new to enjoy. The menu also conveniently suggests beer and wine pairings with each entree.

Also a high point of the menu, try the wild boar ragu. Fantastic!

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, IL
“Nice cafe, good ambience, good appetizer & drinks”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped at Buckley's for an appetizer and drink, and were not disappointed. A nice ambience, very good drinks, and a yummy flatbread. Would definitely recommend.

Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Night”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Although I have only been to Buckley's a few times, I absolutely loved everything about it, especially bartender Taylor. Once a year my mother and three sisters get together for a special night out. I always pick the restaurant. After much thought, I picked Buckley's. I forgot to call for a reservation until about ten minutes before we were ready to arrive. Taylor was very accommodating. We had the table right in front of the window. Our server was very knowledgable and very patient with five women who had a few cocktails before we arrived. The food was absolutely delicious. I had halibut, two others had salmon. Mom said it was the best salmon she ever had in her life and she is in her seventies. Everyone was so charmed by the atmosphere too. After our meal the server(I wish I could remember her name) was nice enough to take numerous pictures with our cameras. The reuben and paninni were also excellent, but it was the warm and welcoming vibe that this restaurant has that really makes it special.

• Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was staying at the Pfister Hotel and wanted to find something nearby to grab a bite to eat upon my conference arrival. Walked by Buckley's and decided to try it based on the menu and how it looked. Nice place that offers loads of charm - love that they offer outdoor dining. My sandwich was excellent and the service was fantastic. I would definitely come here again with my hubby for a nice dinner.

• Visited June 2012