“Beautiful... just perfect.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beautiful... just perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I really can't rave enough about the Pfister. The location was fantastic, so easy to get around. We did not get a car rental, but got everywhere we wanted to go with a combination of walking, cabs, and busses. We did use an airport shuttle too. The staff was fantastic, super friendly and helpfull. They made me feel like I was their #1 priority. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. We don't usually sleep as well in a hotel as we would at home, but we slept so well there. The hotel was totally booked up but we didn't hear anything from other guests or outside (except a huge thunderstorm!). The shower was great, lots of hot water and it just took seconds to heat up and good water pressure, really nice bath products too. We had breakfast in the cafe and it was fantastic. I had the veggie omlette and my husband had the hungry man breakfast and we split the fruit. Everything was just perfect, and again, the service was fantastic. We also loved that they printed our boarding passes for us and stored our luggage after check out too. The pool is on the 23rd floor and has a fantastic view. This place is pure class and comfort. Also, this is where the celebrities stay in Milwaukee, so you never know who you'll run in to!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

What a great hotel! From the minute you walk in the door you feel like you are in a special place - from the great service to the delicious food - Mason Street Grill is a must stop - and the beautiful rooms. I was here for business but I will be back when I have more time to enjoy the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Every year, me, my sister and her kids and my brother and his children stay at the Pfister to attend Summerfest and it is a true joy. The decor and service are outstanding. This year, we booked two rooms (one suite and one room with two double beds). We requested the rooms be close together and the hotel was very helpful in accommodating that request on the 2nd floor as well as accommodate an early check in. Our package included free overnight parking, as well as credits for Blu/lobby lounge and food credits good for restaurants and room service. This package made our stay truly wonderful. When we arrived early, our rooms were not ready so I went to the fitness center and my sister and her kids went to the pool up on the 23rd floor. The fitness center is really more of a large room on the lower level of the hotel. The equipment is great but they are kind of limited on the number of machines they have and the room has no windows so it really feels like you're working out in a basement -- but it fit my needs. They also only provide mouthwash sized cups for water which were very difficult to handle while working out -- would prefer larger cups or bottles (even if that's not very green!). My first day the fitness center was empty when I was there around noon but the next morning it was packed and almost every machine but one was taken. My sister and the kids love the pool and the view up there. The hotel is perfect walking distance for Summerfest and for a stop at Real Chili afterwards which is only two blocks away! Food and drinks at the hotel are great. the last morning, we had leftover food credits and wanted to go to Mason grill before we left but the wait was 1 1/2 hours. We went back up to our rooms and ordered room service for 8 people--which the staff brought out to us very quickly and instead of eating inside the rooms they set it up on the beautiful marble tables/chairs that were out in the hallway on the 2nd floor (it's really like a second lobby) -- it was really a wonderful breakfast and we had fun and all of the food was delicious (veggie omelettes, eggs benedict, pancakes, the works!) The rooms are really nice -- more of an old world feel and a little on the small size, but appointed very well and the beds/linens are great. We made several requests of staff (pack and play, extra linens, extra pillows) and all requests were handled promptly by their great staff. This is really a can't miss hotel if you're going to Milwaukee.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed at the Pfister for 3 nights for the opening of Summerfest. The location is within walking distance to the summerfest grounds so it is the perfect place to stay if you are headed to the "big gig". We also love how close it is the the Milwaukee Public Market (the perfect place to bum around, have lunch and meet friends) and the Art Museum (another perfect place to spend a day). The block over has two of the best "foodie" finds in Milwaukee - Carnevor (yes it really is spelled that way) and Unami Moto.

The hotel was spotless and as always the service was beyond perfect. If you have not seen the lobby that is reason enough to stay here! The only comments towards the negative would be that the bathrooms in the tower could use a good updating. The bed, linens and rest of the room are spot on so the bathroom seems out of place. The linens from the shower cutain to towels are really basic and the actually bathroom fixtures in the shower are out of date. A huge plus is that bed is REALLY soft and will make you fall asleep fast! Make sure to bring your swimming suit and travel up to the 23rd floor - the pool has one heck of a view of downtown and the lake from its massive wall of windows.

If you want a great location, with great service and great views from the tower rooms you can't miss with the pfister. It is the classy and classic place to stay!

st paul,mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

We were in Milwaukee for the air show and booked a package deal with the Pfister. Awesome historic hotel really kept up nicely. Unfortunately our room (636) was under a wedding reception in the conference room/ballroom on the 7th floor. The music and accompanying thumping bass made sleep impossible until well after 1 AM. When I called the desk they said there were no other rooms available that night and would send up a noise complaint (around midnight). They also said we should have been told about the reception.
The next morning we checked the schedule in the lobby and to our horror there was another reception that night.
I spoke to Jessica (Jennifer?) at the desk and explained that to continue our stay I would like to get a different room and have the previous night taken off the bill. I steadied my anger and prepared for an argument, but Jessica(?) was more than helpful. She was very apologetic, took the night off the bill and set us up in a very nice room for our second night.
This was the classic example of a mistake dealt with in the best possible way that left me recommending the hotel to friends and definitely staying at the Pfister when i return to Milwaukee...

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

What a beautiful hotel! The circular aspect to the rooms ensure a great view and the amenities were fabulous. The lobby is beautiful and the location is great. There was a free airshow on while we were there and we got to see the planes thundering through the sky from our room during practice the previous day. The Blu bar has lovely service and a fabulous view at night time - make sure you get there before 9 as it gets very busy. Fantastically friendly staff. Our only regret was using the valet parking as we didn't know any better and that was a $30 charge! I didn't have time to use the spa but I met another guest who said it was fabulous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I spent a week at The Pfister, in town from Maui for our 20th wedding anniversary celebration. From the minute we pulled up to the curb for check in we were made to feel special. The concierge Peter had been helping my husband with some planning and he met us in the lobby to take us to our room. If you stay here and need anything Peter is "The Man".

Our room (The Governor's Suite - AMAZING) was perfect and we never had any problems with maid service timing or room service which we used all the time. The food was always quick, hot (a big deal for me) and delicious. The room was kept very clean and we were in and out with people and junk all over the whole time, but the maids found a way to make it all beautiful each day. Everything we needed was immediately tended to with not only a smile, but you got the feeling the staff WANTED to help you! Amazing.

I used the salon for my hair and nails and my mother's hair for the big event and they too were excellent! My stylist Sarah had all the pictures I had sent for what I wanted my hair to be and she completely restyled and cut my mother's hair which she LOVES! I think the girl that did my nails is named Oanan - so sorry if that is not correct - but she did a PERFECT job and 2 weeks later I still have the pedi to prove it! They were both great and did everything to make our day.

Many Mahalos for a beautiful experience to the entire staff at The Pfister!