2,150 results
All reviewsmason street grilltower roomblu barnewer towerold sectionclub accesstop floorlobby loungebeautiful hotelclub levelold world elegancegrand dameolder partlake michiganart museumdowntown milwaukeegrand old hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Read an online review and decided to see if they had a vacancy during a recent trip to Milwaukee. So very glad they did. It is one of the most elegant hotels with gracious employees and exemplary customer service that I've ever stayed in. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, from the cleanliness of the rooms, to the quietness of the rooms, to the amazing bars and restaurant located within the hotel, everything was spot on! Despite the fact that we had been traveling all day and site seeing in the rain and looked a little worse for wear, everyone treated us as if we were royalty.

In today's society, it's nice to experience such hospitality, kindness and amazing customer service. Definitely will return and highly recommend this fabulous hotel!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Terry T, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at The Pfister. I'm pleased to hear you received the type of service The Pfister has come to be known for. Our associates work hard to deliver exceptional service to everyone who walks through the doors! Thank you so much for you kind words! We hope you can stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

If I could, I would give this hotel a 10 star rating out of 5. Everything was as it should be in a luxury hotel.

We stayed here over my birthday weekend and we were not disappointed. Even though we were there over an extended weekend that included no less than 2 large weddings and other gatherings, we were impressed by the level of excellent service throughout the hotel. The employees were very polished and seemed to be very happy to work there.

The accommodations were GORGEOUS. This is a restored Belle Époque hotel that is the jewel of downtown Milwaukee. Built in 1893, all of the common areas are restored Victorian luxury that includes bronzes and oil paintings. The rooms are modern and sumptuous. Our suite was very, very comfortable with a sitting area and heavy wood door that insulated the comfortable bedroom and marble bathroom. The lounge at the top of the hotel (BLU on the 23rd floor) is also modern luxury with expansive views of Milwaukee and live music.

We found the restaurant to have excellent breakfasts and the lobby lounge to have fantastic Manhattans. The lobby lounge was particularly fun as we were able to sip our cocktails in opulent surroundings and watch as wedding parties arrived.

I really want to stay here again, and since the Milwaukee Art Museum is only a 1/2 mile walk, that's likely!

Room Tip: Get a suite; the door to the bedroom helps insulate you from any wedding celebrants in the corridors.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! When The Pfister first opened the mission statement was to provide not only great service, but to also help create memorable experiences. We are proud to be continuing that tradition 125 years later! Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us at The Pfister Hotel! Hopefully you can stay with us again for a trip to the Milwaukee Art Museum!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We came in to Milwaukee on a Sunday night and it was pretty quiet except for a wedding was taking place there - aside from some dressed up folks in the lobby nobody would have known because the Hotel has plenty of room for all. Our room faced the lake (per advisement from the hotel clerk I contacted) and was high enough (17th floor) that the view was great. It is partially blocked by a large building but was still good. By the way it was super quiet in the room we never heard hallway noise or any noise from anyone at all- hard to beat that!

We did not have a lot of interaction with the staff but I never met a person who was not smiling and glad to help. Our room was very large, very clean and the bathroom area was the best I have seen in a very long time. From the people in the lobby to housekeeping everyone seemed happy to be there and it made me feel better seeing them happy.

I would Highly recommend this place if in Milwaukee it was great.

By the way the only snafu was caused because I left my room keys in the room when we checked out and we had trouble leaving the parking garage..that was a learning curve for us -hope this review will prevent someone from doing the same thing.

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! It sounds like your stay was pleasant and comfortable! I'm glad the hotel provide a peaceful and quite atmosphere for you to enjoy your view of the city from the 17th floor! We appreciate your kind words about the staff and are very happy you were able to join us here at The Pfister! We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2018

As a resident of a Milwaukee suburb, I haven't had much of a reason to stay in a luxurious hotel downtown. But recently, opportunity knocked when I had a work conference hosted at the Pfister. I had been on the property several times before, mostly to visit Blu, the cocktail lounge on the 23rd floor, but this was my first time staying the night. I was not disappointed. The rooms were luxurious and charming at the same time. The entire property is meticulously kept up, and I love the Pfister even more now that I have had the pleasure of staying there.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Terry T, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Mary! It sounds like your stay was pleasant and comfortable! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel's overall feel and atmosphere. Our associates work tirelessly to keep the the hotel pristine and orderly for all of our guest to enjoy! Thank you for choosing The Pfister! We hope to have you back for future visits!

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Rooms were nice, but older. However I thought the older details are part of the charm. Good balance of old and new.The views from pool and Blu, their bar on top were amazing. Service and food, top notch.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your input with us, Leticia! It sounds like your stay was pleasant and enjoyable! We appreciate your kind words about the staff and I am glad to hear you enjoyed our entertainment outlets on the 23rd floor! The view really is amazing! We hope you can join us again soon!