“Pfister”

Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Miami, Florida
“Pfister”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Loved it, it was simply perfect for me. I came there because I had to have somewhere to go before I moved on campus and the staff treated me like a queen. Overall 5 stars.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
st.louis
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We stayed here one night as my husband was on a business trip. The hotel was beautiful, service was great from the valet to the waitress at Blu. My husband and I had a wonderful time staying here, we will return. The lobby was so grand, we sat at the lobby bar and had a drink, feels like you are back in time, also, the view from Blu is not to be missed. We had a suite in the old part of the hotel, very nicely decorated, comfy bed we were so pleased. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend getaway and were very pleased. Our suite was in the old building, and the grand hallways and high ceilings were like going back in time. The room was newly renovated and very clean and well appointed with flat screen TV's, white duvets, and the other modern amenities you would expect. The suite provided lots of space for the family and we couldn't hear any noise from outside the room. The pool was nice and not crowded and has a great view of Milwaukee. The location was great for the downtown Milwaukee activities and close to restaurants. We will definitely come and stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2010
Thank you for visiting the Pfister during your time in Milwaukee! I am glad you had a comfortable stay, and noticed the quiet pool on our twenty third floor, as it has the best view in the city. It is a great place to take in all of the surrounding buildings and plan your walks outside - great to be so close to all you want to do in Milwaukee. Come and see us again soon!
Joe Kurth
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed January 2, 2010

16 of us stayed at the Pfister for New Year's Eve. We had a party elsewhere but loved coming back to the hotel. The reservation people were so accomodating...they upgraded us to a package without any problem. They fit us all together for the New Year's brunch....which was also exceptional. I wouldn't hesitate to come back...loved it. Blu has the best view in Milwaukee...and also the best atmosphere. Thank you Pfister...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
It was our pleasure to host your stay! Whether your party is inside the hotel, or we are the spot to gather with friends for an overnight and brunch, we are happy to be your central downtown location for a great night away. I am very pleased you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating - these are traits of our Pfister Signature Service that we are very proud of in our team. Have a wondeful new year, and we look forward to seeing your group again very soon.
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This historical hotel is very elegant, and I did not have one complaint. The rooms in the tower have very nice lake views. The rooftop cocktail lounge (Blu) has been one of my favorite places in Milwaukee for about 10 years. Although I lived in Milwaukee for many years, I was never inside this hotel except to go to the cocktail lounge On a return trip to the city, I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I highly recommend the hotel, the cocktail lounge, and the restaurant. The hotel is also in a good location for sight seeing -- it's within walking distance to the art museum and some good restaurants. The interior of this hotel is truly one of Milwaukee's hidden gems.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful comments, and for finding the time to stay overnight after 10 years of enjoying Blu. I hope you especially enjoyed the recent renovation and conversion to non-smoking for Blu and the overall hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and appreciate your support!
Chicago
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is hands down the most beautiful Hotel I've stayed at in years (and I've been around). Location was great, staff was wonderful. We took the "bed, breakfast and parking" package, can't say enough about what a good value this hotel is. Art Museum is just a few miles away, very easy to take advantage of. We went to an incredible German restaurant just down the block (from back entrance of hotel) Karl Katzsch's - unforgettable . Also visited the Pabst Museum ( a must see) and a quaint French Restaurant on the lake. So, fellow Chicagoan's this Milwaukee downtown area is very accessible, a bargain, and a great get-away. Don't hesitate to stay at this Hotel, it's full of charm, extremely well kept, and a quaint step into the past.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for spending part of your special holiday with us at the Pfister! I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and your central location to so much within Milwaukee. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Happy New Year!
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Although my wife went to college at Marquette, I had never been to Milwaukee before. We decided that since it was my first time, we'd treat ourselves to a nice hotel. Simply put, the Pfister delivered.
-The hotel itself is beautiful. I probably took as many pictures of the lobby as I did the rest of the city combined. It is simply an elegant, classy place.
-The Pfister is also very hip. "Blu Bar" on the top floor was unlike many hotel bars, in that its patrons were not just hotel guests but also locals from throughout the sity. Similarly, the lobby bar was a wonderful scene, complete with a celebrity sighting or two (in our case it was the New York Knicks).
-Our hotel room was nice. We got upgraded to a deluxe room, which had a good view of the city and lake. Other than that it was a simple, nice hotel room. While the room itself didn't blow us away, it did have a flat-screen tv and overall was more than enough to meet our needs. Our only room-related drawback was room service, where they were sold out of the pizza we so dearly desired.
-The location can't be beat. We were able to walk almost everywhere and had our pick of nearby restaurants and bars.
-Last, but certainly not least, were the wonderful hotel staff. They were friendly, sociable, and helpful.

Overall - you can't go wrong with a stay at the Pfister.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you very much for your stay with us! Our staff and design team have worked very well together in tying in the magical history of our lobby and original section to the contemporary and recently renovated 23rd floor Martini Lounge - Blu. The 'walking distance' location for so many activities central to our East Town location certainly provides our guests a full spectrum of choices for their free time in Milwaukee. I am very pleased to read your comments, and appreciate your support!
Joe Kurth