“Elegant and worth the price”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minneapolis
“Elegant and worth the price”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This historical hotel is very elegant, and I did not have one complaint. The rooms in the tower have very nice lake views. The rooftop cocktail lounge (Blu) has been one of my favorite places in Milwaukee for about 10 years. Although I lived in Milwaukee for many years, I was never inside this hotel except to go to the cocktail lounge On a return trip to the city, I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I highly recommend the hotel, the cocktail lounge, and the restaurant. The hotel is also in a good location for sight seeing -- it's within walking distance to the art museum and some good restaurants. The interior of this hotel is truly one of Milwaukee's hidden gems.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful comments, and for finding the time to stay overnight after 10 years of enjoying Blu. I hope you especially enjoyed the recent renovation and conversion to non-smoking for Blu and the overall hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and appreciate your support!
Joe Kurth - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Chicago
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is hands down the most beautiful Hotel I've stayed at in years (and I've been around). Location was great, staff was wonderful. We took the "bed, breakfast and parking" package, can't say enough about what a good value this hotel is. Art Museum is just a few miles away, very easy to take advantage of. We went to an incredible German restaurant just down the block (from back entrance of hotel) Karl Katzsch's - unforgettable . Also visited the Pabst Museum ( a must see) and a quaint French Restaurant on the lake. So, fellow Chicagoan's this Milwaukee downtown area is very accessible, a bargain, and a great get-away. Don't hesitate to stay at this Hotel, it's full of charm, extremely well kept, and a quaint step into the past.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for spending part of your special holiday with us at the Pfister! I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and your central location to so much within Milwaukee. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Happy New Year!
Joe Kurth - General Manager
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Although my wife went to college at Marquette, I had never been to Milwaukee before. We decided that since it was my first time, we'd treat ourselves to a nice hotel. Simply put, the Pfister delivered.
-The hotel itself is beautiful. I probably took as many pictures of the lobby as I did the rest of the city combined. It is simply an elegant, classy place.
-The Pfister is also very hip. "Blu Bar" on the top floor was unlike many hotel bars, in that its patrons were not just hotel guests but also locals from throughout the sity. Similarly, the lobby bar was a wonderful scene, complete with a celebrity sighting or two (in our case it was the New York Knicks).
-Our hotel room was nice. We got upgraded to a deluxe room, which had a good view of the city and lake. Other than that it was a simple, nice hotel room. While the room itself didn't blow us away, it did have a flat-screen tv and overall was more than enough to meet our needs. Our only room-related drawback was room service, where they were sold out of the pizza we so dearly desired.
-The location can't be beat. We were able to walk almost everywhere and had our pick of nearby restaurants and bars.
-Last, but certainly not least, were the wonderful hotel staff. They were friendly, sociable, and helpful.

Overall - you can't go wrong with a stay at the Pfister.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you very much for your stay with us! Our staff and design team have worked very well together in tying in the magical history of our lobby and original section to the contemporary and recently renovated 23rd floor Martini Lounge - Blu. The 'walking distance' location for so many activities central to our East Town location certainly provides our guests a full spectrum of choices for their free time in Milwaukee. I am very pleased to read your comments, and appreciate your support!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 6, 2009

My wife and I thought it would be nice to see Milwaukee for one day on our way to Green Bay… wow I wished we stayed longer. This hotel is in a great location - close to waterfront attractions and the downtown area attractions. If you like a traditional German atmosphere, you will love the downtown pubs. The city is SAFE to walk around at night. The hotel provides plenty of eating and drinking opportunities if you don’t want to leave the property. The hotel workout area is 10 out of 10. Room service was more than reasonable, no $15 waffles. Whenever I write a review I try to list the negatives so here is goes (1) overnight parking was $25 but the hotel does let you know this on their website & (2) the internet was $10 a day. These are hardly complaints but I’m trying to find something negative to pass on. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
I am excited you were so pleased with your stay with us. We continue to receive many wonderful comments on our complimentary new fitness center space located adjacent to the Well Spa + Janice Salon. We agree it's a 10! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon when you can stay longer.
chicago
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I expected more for what turned out to be 280 a night-
30 for parking
40 for the suite up grade- (it was a wash with free internet and the overpriced breakfast)
the "suite" was small, pool is small, you may not want to be on the 21st floor as you can hear what is going on in there club on 23 till like 1 in the morning...
they are really nice and it has a good location

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rmisiak
Thank you for your visit to the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. While I was pleased to read you enjoyed our location and friendly staff, I am disappointed to learn you did not feel the value within your time with us exceeded your expectations. It is certainly our goal to ensure every guest leaves us after a satisfying visit ready to recommend us to a friend, and return on their next trip to Milwaukee. I welcome the opportunity to speak with your directly, and can be reached at 414.390.3800, or joekurth@thepfisterhotel.com.
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This was my third stay at the Pfister. I've tried other Milwaukee hotels just for the sake of variety but haven't found anything else that comes close. The staff is wonderful; hotel itself is full of character; location is ideal - walking distance to the Art Museum and Children's Museum, restaurants, shopping (Historic Third Ward). I've stayed in both the historic building and the more modern tower rooms, and was happy with both - it just depends on your taste. I'm done looking for other Milwaukee hotels and won't stay anywhere but the Pfister from now on.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MomWisconsin
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Thank you very much for returning again to the Pfister! We very much appreciate your loyalty, and will work to ensure we continue to provide a wonderful place to come back to celebrate past moments, and create new memories!
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Whenever my husband and I stay in Milwaukee, we stay at the Pfister. We have been staying there for short jaunts since we were married in 1988. It is a beautiful and very historic hotel. It is perfectly located in the heart of the city. The staff is ultra professional and hospitable. We are never disappointed. The view from the Jazz and Martini Bar--BLU--is spectacular. I highly recommend this very posh/elegant hotel. I have stayed at the HIlton in Milwaukee, and while it was very nice, the Pfister will always be my first choice. People have recommended other places, but I will stick with the *brand* I trust and love--The Pfister!!!!!! Always Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frantastico
It is always wonderful to read about the connection the hotel has had in lives that started with special occasions! We are honored that you have continued to join us since your wedding, and look forward to hosting your visits to Milwaukee for years to come! Now that Blu has recently reopened from a complete renovation and conversion to a non-smoking destination, join us on the 23rd floor where there is 'not a cloud in the sky' often!