2,192 results
All reviews mason street grill blu lounge tower room newer tower club access old section art collection top floor lobby lounge beautiful hotel club level old world elegance grand dame older part lake michigan downtown milwaukee classic hotel
Reviewed May 9, 2015

I stayed only 1 night, but was very impressed by all aspects of the hotel. You are greeted with true midwestern hospitality around every turn. The staff was friendly, attentive, and ever so polite and professional.

The main entrance is filled with beautiful paintings and murals which shouted class and elegance. I found the check-in/out process very easy and fast, yet personal. The rooms were well appointed, and comfortable. My room, on the 10th floor, did have a bit of view of the great lake, some passing ships, and a light house. My advice would be to get higher for the best views of the city and water.

The hotel has many wonderful amenities including an exercise facility, spa, dining, and a gift shop -all excellent. It's location is convenient to walking along the river or to many of the some of the most spectacular buildings in downtown Milwaukee. WiFi was either 5 dollars an hour or a 10 dollar daily rate. It was not high speed, and was very average at best. Given the extravagance of the hotel, this was really something that could have been included at no extra charge.

I would highly recommend if you are visiting Milwaukee, this hotel should be considered as your first choice.

Room tip: Stay on the higher level floors -beyond 10th of the best views.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RickB873
DRUSCH_BRANDON, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for sharing the pictures with the TripAdvisor community! As you had mentioned our higher floors (Club Floors as well) do offer great views of Lake Michigan and/or the city skyline.
I hope to see you back soon; please let me know if I can ever be of service!

Reviewed May 8, 2015

I booked this hotel and told them to place us in the Towers. But low and behold I was put in the older part of the hotel. Loud and noisy rooms. The hotel is very nice but avoid these rooms.
Historic hotel is great but people want a modern convenience and quiet room.

Room tip: Stay in the Towers.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you RSTT3959 for another review! We find that the hotel offers something for every guest and we work daily to ensure each of our guests have a unique experience based on their preferences and requests. We look forward to having you back soon! I ask that with your next booking you contact me directly so I have the opportunity to make up for the challenge of this past visit.
Regards,
Brandon Drusch

Reviewed May 7, 2015

We booked a room at the Pfister at the last minute through a third party booking site. When we arrived, we were surprised and delighted by the old world grandeur of the hotel and impressed with the courteous and friendly front desk staff. There was a minor issue with our reservation which the staff resolved quickly and graciously. We were lucky enough to get a room in the historic section of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the room and bath were a good size (loved the high ceiling and tall windows), and the linens and decor were lovely. It was also quiet, which was a huge plus as we were escaping from hectic life for a couple of days. The public areas of the hotel are visually striking, and there is a lot of art and other bits of history to look at. We found ourselves commenting over and over about how much we liked the staircase, the width of the hallways, the woodwork, and many other details. Buildings just aren't designed like this anymore. We enjoyed relaxing in the lobby lounge, which has plenty of seating and offers food in addition to drinks. The Pfister is centrally located in downtown and there are many, many places to eat/drink/shop within walking distance. We felt very safe walking around the area and along the riverfront, even late at night. We booked massages at the hotel spa and they were excellent. We would absolutely go back again and I would highly recommend this hotel to adult travelers looking for a unique, upscale, full service place to stay.

Room tip: Ask for the original hotel rooms on floors 3 - 8.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DRUSCH_BRANDON, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2015

Thank you HopHeadRed for the great review; and for truly giving the Tripadvisor Traveler an in-depth understanding of what they can look forward to from the Pfister Hotel. From the WELLSpa and Salon to the Victorian Art Collection we find that our building is authentic and one of a kind.
We look forward to playing host to you on a future visit. Please reach out to me directly so I can personally handle any future bookings.

Warm Regards,
Brandon Drusch

Reviewed May 5, 2015 via mobile

It was a last minute reservation for me and I was surprised how fast and professional the hotel found my solution. Once I arrived in the hotel I was amazed how beautiful the hotel was and greatly impressed by Ken at the front desk because he made us feel welcome. I took his advice about the club lounge and I was amazed by the view and the quality of the food. I definitely recommend the Pfister to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good Day! Thank you for taking the time to recognize Ken and the service you received throughout your visit. It was great to hear that you took advantage of the Club Lounge upgrade and treated yourself to all of the perks that it offers! We will see you on the next adventure to Milwaukee!

Reviewed May 5, 2015

By far, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. This is also the first time I have ever stayed in a five start hotel. Everything there was perfect. From the front desk (Eric and I believe the other lady was named Stephanie) to the concierge (Roc) to the bellman (Coke). First class all the way. I have never had better service in my life! Thank you all! The room was perfect. The service was excellent. You made our 25th Anniversary a very special memory for my husband and I.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much Mr. Banik for allowing us to be part of your 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We take great pride in creating memorable experiences and we were pleased you chose to stay with us. I have taken back your kind remarks to the members of the team mentioned and celebrated your review in our daily briefings. We thank you for taking the time to recognize our team members and look forward to having you back soon.