“A recent renovation solidified a 5 star rating. The rooms are generous, appointed well, and the staff are friendly.”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Pfister is the preeminent hotel in Milwaukee--it is a classic. The new renovation is the crowning touch. The new Verlo beds are superb as our the linens. European showers add the final touch. A personal favorite are the chocolates delivered to your room at night. And if you leave your shoes out at night, they are shined by the next morning.

Room Tip: I always request a lake view (towers) or a suite in the old portion of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
St. Louis, Mo
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Actually, the 23rd floor Club Lounge was added a whole year ago but this was our first opportunity to visit The Pfister since that time. The Pfister has always been our favorite big-city hotel in the entire U.S. (see my previous reviews) but I had been waiting for over 20 years (no kidding) for them to add this feature. We always always book rooms with Club Lounge access at any hotel that has the feature. It used to be that hotels had a 'Club Floor' meaning you had to book on that specific floor and then you had Club access and that does make it even nicer in a way because you have easy proximity to the Lounge and many are still that way. But more and more we're seeing hotels where you can be staying anywhere on the property and then upgrade to get club Access. It is ALWAYS worth it. While the Pfister falls into the second catagory meaning they don't even have rooms on the 23rd floor. What makes for a perfect trade off is the wonderful view you get of the Lake and the city below. Just gorgeous. The 'Cocktail Hour' is amazing with upscale liquor brands like Crown Royal and Skye and small bottles of Champagne. Any kind of mixer and soft drink you could want. Hot and cold appetiser selections that are constantly replenished. Then breakfast is not just a continental cold breakfast but plenty of hot offerings - again constantly replenished. Yummy. We were told that breakfast goes off at (I think is was) 10 am and we called to ask..... 'Really?'. That seemed awfully early to us since if you're on vacation you're moving at a slower pace and maybe can't get there quite that early (although I know that's not early but I have to get myself and my handicapped son showered, dressed etc). Anyway, they said that "No" they actually don't generally break it down quite that early and NEVER if guests are still in the room. Come to think of it, it could have been 9 am we were told. Can't recall but either way it seemed early at first glance.
In closing, and again if you see my previous reviews that talk more about this wonderful hotel in general, you'll see why we continue our long love affair with this Milwaukee Grand Dame.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gogirl51
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was so impressed with the newly remodeled rooms at the Pfister. It was the perfect combination of high end luxury with a comfortable homey vibe. The people on staff were incredible. Every single interaction I had there was positive, accommodating and made me feel like I was someone special. Really, really great experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at the Pfister Hotel recently for a conference and enjoyed my stay very much. I arrived early but my room was ready, and all of the staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was a decent size and was clean and comfortable, though I found I couldn't control the temperature very well and it was on the warm side. The bathroom was a good size, and there was plenty of closet space, with a safe. There was some noise from the hallways, but not bad. My room was in the older historic part of the hotel, and the lobby and hallways are beautiful.

The gym was a good size, but is awkwardly located off of the lobby so you have to cross the lobby in your gym clothes. I didn't use the pool, but its indoors and on a high floor with great views of the city. The dining options in the hotel itself aren't great - there is a cafe serving Starbucks and some food to go, plus some sit down spaces. The Public Market and other dining options are pretty close by. There's not much immediately outside the hotel, but the Milwaukee Art Museum, the lakefront, and the Riverwalk are within fairly short walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Elegance, tradition, and hospitality welcome you to the Pfister. Cozy, clean beds, luxurious bathrooms, the Lobby Lounge ambiance with outstanding drinks, service, and piano entertainment, the top floor pool, and the Blu with incredible lake views, make staying at the Pfister a "must" for total joy and relaxation.

Room Tip: I prefer a room in the historic section facing East or South.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Its a cool old hotel from a different era. It has a nice exercise room that you can get into very early if you ask at the front desk. The hotel is more old school than anything. In some ways it would be nicer if they tried to update the hotel a little. It really isn't so nice that it needs to be preserved. The room as adequate at best, although the bed was extremely comfortable. Given a choice I would go back to the Iron Horse hotel which has a lot more character and is a lot more interesting and plain fun.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I don't travel a whole lot but when I do I like to stay in nice accommodations. The Pfister represents this to the fullest!
First of all I have to say that the staff as a whole was just outstanding. Now a days you see so many people working in the service industry and they have no personal skills but the Pfister's staff was five-star. I can't even begin to tell you how refreshing it is to see people who seem to enjoy their job.
I stayed in the tower on the 18th floor with the lake view and it was very nice. The room was spacious and the bed was huge. I could go on for days but I'm not a writer and I don't like to write so I'll end my review by saying, if you get a chance, stay at this hotel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The tower rooms seem to be more contemporary than the others.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends