The Pfister Hotel
$139
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$134
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
$189
Travelocity
2,046 results
All reviewsmason street grilltower roomblu loungehistoric sectionnewer towerclub accessart collectiontop floorlobby loungebeautiful hotelold world eleganceclub levelolder partlake viewdowntown milwaukeeclassic hotelgrand old hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Its a cool old hotel from a different era. It has a nice exercise room that you can get into very early if you ask at the front desk. The hotel is more old school than anything. In some ways it would be nicer if they tried to update the hotel a little. It really isn't so nice that it needs to be preserved. The room as adequate at best, although the bed was extremely comfortable. Given a choice I would go back to the Iron Horse hotel which has a lot more character and is a lot more interesting and plain fun.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I don't travel a whole lot but when I do I like to stay in nice accommodations. The Pfister represents this to the fullest!
First of all I have to say that the staff as a whole was just outstanding. Now a days you see so many people working in the service industry and they have no personal skills but the Pfister's staff was five-star. I can't even begin to tell you how refreshing it is to see people who seem to enjoy their job.
I stayed in the tower on the 18th floor with the lake view and it was very nice. The room was spacious and the bed was huge. I could go on for days but I'm not a writer and I don't like to write so I'll end my review by saying, if you get a chance, stay at this hotel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The tower rooms seem to be more contemporary than the others.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent Easter weekend here. Oh my, it was wonderful. The room was tastefully appointed. The Lobby Lounge was wonderful. We had lunch and a couple of cocktails. We then spent a few hours in Blu - beautiful! The Jazz Band was wonderful and the view was to die for. Sunday's Easter Brunch was terrific. The food was great, the ambience was elegant, the service, impeccable. Can't wait until I can come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here twice for business. I understand I stayed in the new section so can only comment on that. But found the room comfortable, and the hotel charming. Beautifully decorated for Christmas and the holidays. Rumors of it being haunted are charming and alarming, but a lot of ado about nothing in my case. Loved Blu and the dinner restaurant. Nothing to disway you from staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited Milwaukee for the first time this past weekend as a side trip to our visit to Chicago. We know little about the city and booked Pfister Hotel without much knowledge about it. We were completely surprised by how beautiful the architecture of the hotel is, how well it is maintained and how friendly and helpful the staff is.

The location is ideal, right in downtown, and a short walk to the Art Museum with the renowned Calatrava Pavilion. We were given a room in the historic wing. The room was very comfortable, good sized and finely furnished. The place is impeccably maintained and the renovation work they have done over the years kept the beauty and the charm that the building holds. It was good that they didn’t do an over-modernized or trendy renovation that left behind all the history and charm.
The hallways and the common spaces on each floor are generous unlike the hotels of today. The lobby is fantastic - be sure to descend the grand staircase and see its beauty from different levels. This hotel is a true icon in this city, in history and stature and the owners and the staff must be credited for keeping it in mint condition for us all to enjoy.

The icing on the cake in staying at this classic hotel is its great staff and their warm hospitality. They obviously take pride in their work and of their community. The excellent front desk staff, especially Clint, who checked us in, gave good recommendations to restaurants and places to visit and answered our questions about the history of the hotel.

Pfister Hotel is the perfect combination of historical ambiance and gracious hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple