“Extraordinary Service Still Exists”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I attended a formal affair at the Pfister in February 2014. We opted to stay the evening though we only live a short distance away. The hotel was offering an incredible deal... The Bed and Breakfast special for $159. (breakfast voucher included was for $40) We could dine at the cafe or room service. Perfect.

We find that in many instances, corners are cut, staff is ill trained and frankly many places are not worth spending your money. Not at the Pfister. From arrival until we drove away the next morning, we were reminded by the Pfister that extraordinary service still does exist within the travel industry. Though the hotel has a long-standing tradition of impeccable service, they don't rely on the reputation, but rather reinforce it at every opportunity. The amazing staff, food, upkeep and service is the best...and for an unbeatable deal.

I highly recommend travelers not pass by the option to book at the Pfister thinking it is unaffordable. Even if the prices are higher, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djfellows
There are newer reviews for The Pfister Hotel

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed the weekend at the Pfister Hotel with our children. We cannot say enough good things about it. The hotel itself is beautiful with all the art and detail. Be sure to check out the pool on the 23rd floor as it has an amazing view of the lake. The staff was so friendly and helpful which made us feel at home. We were there for the Bucks Pacers basketball game and the Pacers were staying there as well, so our kids got to take pictures with them and get autographs. We will definitely go back and stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Another wonderful visit to the famed Pfister hotel in Milwaukee. There is truly no better place to stay. The food at Mason Grill is fantastic and consistently good, and the view from Blu cannot be beaten. Roy and Kimberly in the coffee shop , have my latte ready before i even got in line, exceptional service from that team every morning, really starts the day of on a high note. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I like the old side with new decor , although i know they are re doing the towers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great Marquette Day stay at the Pfister in a newly renovated Tower Room. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, friendly staff --especially Shea the valet, delicious food at the Café and cocktails with a view at Blu.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had never been to Milwaukee before, but found myself there for business this past week. (In fact, I was snowed out of Atlanta for an extra day.) Someone had recommended that I stay at the Pfister and I'm so glad I followed that advice. What a beautiful, old building. It is impeccably maintained and well decorated.

When I arrived, the desk clerk told me that I had been upgraded to a larger room and I found myself in a spacious suite on the 22nd floor. Mine was not to question why, but there was a bankers' convention going on in the hotel and it's likely all of the regular guestrooms had been sold out.

The suite was clean, well-appointed, and elegant and I felt very safe. You cannot gain access to Floors 10-22 without a card key. There was very little noise from other guests or maintenance folks. The conscierge staff were exceptional and they went to great lengths to provide me with directions and helpful ideas for things to do given that my departure was delayed.

If you stay at the Pfister, make sure to have a drink in Blu, the bar on the 23rd floor. The cocktails were creative, the seating plush, and the large windows afford spectacular views of downtown. I had breakfast in the Cafe on the lobby level. The omlet was perfection as was the service.

There's nothing not to love about the Pfister, but if I had to describe the thing I liked the best about it, I'd have to say that it was the friendly staff. Although the Pfister has every right to be proud of itself, it is not a pretentious place and every staff member seems to care more about the guests' happiness than the almighty dollar. I was almost sad when the airlines started flying into Atlanta again because I did not have enough time to enjoy everything this hotel has to offer.

I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: If quiet is especially important to you, let the reservations folks know. They will do their best t...
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay at the Pfister 2 to 3 times a year. I am always pleased from the time the valet
meets me at the door until the time I check out. The view from Blu is quite lovely if it is a clear night. Beautiful hotel and a great staff.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are more quiet.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are always clean and the lobby staff are very friendly.
The beds are the most comfortable that I've ever slept in (including home) and in walking through the hotel, I always get a smile and an offer to help from the employees.

Room Tip: I've stayed in the new tower and the older rooms - both are great