“The finest accommodations in Milwaukee”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Troy, Michigan
“The finest accommodations in Milwaukee”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great Marquette Day stay at the Pfister in a newly renovated Tower Room. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, friendly staff --especially Shea the valet, delicious food at the Café and cocktails with a view at Blu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had never been to Milwaukee before, but found myself there for business this past week. (In fact, I was snowed out of Atlanta for an extra day.) Someone had recommended that I stay at the Pfister and I'm so glad I followed that advice. What a beautiful, old building. It is impeccably maintained and well decorated.

When I arrived, the desk clerk told me that I had been upgraded to a larger room and I found myself in a spacious suite on the 22nd floor. Mine was not to question why, but there was a bankers' convention going on in the hotel and it's likely all of the regular guestrooms had been sold out.

The suite was clean, well-appointed, and elegant and I felt very safe. You cannot gain access to Floors 10-22 without a card key. There was very little noise from other guests or maintenance folks. The conscierge staff were exceptional and they went to great lengths to provide me with directions and helpful ideas for things to do given that my departure was delayed.

If you stay at the Pfister, make sure to have a drink in Blu, the bar on the 23rd floor. The cocktails were creative, the seating plush, and the large windows afford spectacular views of downtown. I had breakfast in the Cafe on the lobby level. The omlet was perfection as was the service.

There's nothing not to love about the Pfister, but if I had to describe the thing I liked the best about it, I'd have to say that it was the friendly staff. Although the Pfister has every right to be proud of itself, it is not a pretentious place and every staff member seems to care more about the guests' happiness than the almighty dollar. I was almost sad when the airlines started flying into Atlanta again because I did not have enough time to enjoy everything this hotel has to offer.

I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: If quiet is especially important to you, let the reservations folks know. They will do their best t...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay at the Pfister 2 to 3 times a year. I am always pleased from the time the valet
meets me at the door until the time I check out. The view from Blu is quite lovely if it is a clear night. Beautiful hotel and a great staff.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are more quiet.
Indian Hills, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are always clean and the lobby staff are very friendly.
The beds are the most comfortable that I've ever slept in (including home) and in walking through the hotel, I always get a smile and an offer to help from the employees.

Room Tip: I've stayed in the new tower and the older rooms - both are great
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a 100+ year old hotel, yet the owners have re-invested in the property sufficiently to give guests modern rooms and conveniences in the midst of an old, classy, charming, structure. Plenty of service, too. Restaurant is high quality. Gym good or better. Highly recommend, especially if you can stay in the old part of the hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't see the part of the hotel built in the 1960's. It is not too attractive from the o...
1 Thank 132Bud
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I live in the Milwaukee area but were looking for an overnight getaway and had never stayed at the Pfister. Everything from check in in the beautiful lobby to our spacious room was immediately impressive. We enjoyed viewing the artwork, grabbing drinks, dinner and listening to a Jazz combo at the Mason St Grill bar. Had a delicious breakfast Sunday morning at the lobby bar amidst an interesting group of people and received frriendly service everywhere.
Definitely a must do in Milwaukee!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kjglaze
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a truly beautiful hotel with wonderful service! The people are friendly, courteous and caring. Our breakfast was delightful, delicious and relaxing. It is hard to truly appreciate all the fine art that surrounds you. We were visiting with our daughter who is applying for a fellowship so we were happy to relax in such rich surroundings.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family