“Elegance and charm”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here immensely; the hotel is a classic building with art deco lighting and trim; beautiful Christmas decorations in the lobby; friendly staff; cozy lobby bar; comfy room.
The hotel hosts an artist in residence In the lobby. Location is convenient .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future. We know you have many choices when visiting Milwaukee and we are again so thankful and privileged that you chose us. Best wishes, safe travels, and happy holidays.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place gets it right. Very cool art throughout the hotel. The entire hotel is a mini art museum in its own right.
Close to the real Milwaukee art museum. Friendly staff. Less Harley rallly and brewery tour crap; more old world European charm, elegance, sophistication. Classy.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future. We are so privileged to be in the presence of such an amazing art collection. And even more amazing is the stories around how the collection came to be. You'll have to be sure to ask about it next time you return,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Beautifully decorated for the holiday season. We booked the bed and breakfast package and stayed in one of the junior suites off of the second floor mezzanine. The room was very nice and the noise from the mezzanine was not a problem for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you appreciate beautiful era architecture as well as the history, this is a must, especially during the Christmas season. So beautifully decorated for the holiday. Our room was quite luxurious with beautiful woodwork detailing. The bed was so comfortable with warm decadent bedding and pillows. I didn't want to leave. Thank you for preserving this beautiful and important landmark that Milwaukee has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2013
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience. We are all so very lucky to be a part of a place so beautiful and rich in history. The holidays are indeed incredible but we hope to welcome you beck before the next holiday season. Again thank you and happy holidays.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is the only hotel my father will stay when in town. We attended a holiday event yesterday and I brought an evening bag, a clutch. Mistake. I placed it on a shelf by the window as what lady wants to clutch a bag under her arm while circulating. After nine, we left. This morning I checked the car then called the hotel.

Eric in Security helped me while I described the small bag and its three contents: new Italian wallet, birthday present from Dad; old iPhone; and house keys. Yes, he had it!

My husband dropped me off on that block (I didn't have my drivers license and figured it was cheaper to pay for a cab home than parking, plus it was on his way). I did not get the name of the gentleman at the front desk who helped me negotiate my way to Security, Lost and Found. Thank you!

Eric was there and I'd brought my passport to verify ID. Not needed. He went into the back room and there was a gallon zip bag with my bag in it. I thanked him, and complimented him on the way things were handled. He told me that they have a process for found items. Of course everything was intact, glasses, phone, wallet and keys.

The bellman was helping someone so I took a moment and switched everything to my lovely Italian bag that has a strap that is perfect for trips and asked for a taxi. The attendant was wonderful as well, very attentive. One weekend I'd like to take a trip even if it's only to see the fantastic lobby!

Eric and Giovanna were wonderful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Milwaukee. I wrote a personal note to the GM and mailed it this afternoon.

Room Tip: I've not stayed here yet, but do have an example of their quality of service and would like to s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Wow!! Thank you!! What a wonderful story and thank you for sharing it. We understand how things in life like this happen in take it ver seriously to make sure these are handled with the upmost care and diligence. And we certainly hope to welcome you back as well and play host to you mini-vaca. Again thank you and happy holidays.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

If you're in Milwaukee, you HAVE to stay here! There's a reason pro sports teams stay here. It's is first class from start to finish. The awe factor starts in the lobby! We will stay here on every trip without question.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much!! We are so thrilled to hear that you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back. We are host to a wide variety of guests but strive for a true "Pfister experience" for all. Again thank you and happy holidays.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our room was beautiful with an amazing view of the city and Lake Michigan! Very comfortable!!! We had my husband's Company Christmas party spanning the entire 7th floor. Great food and great service!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future, and hopefully for another holiday party. We know you have many choices when visiting Milwaukee and we are again so thankful and privileged that you chose us. Best wishes, safe travels, and happy holidays.