“Delectable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pfister Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Kent, United Kingdom
“Delectable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a double suite with separate room with pull out for our teenage daughter. We are lucky she still wants to holiday with us but she did like her own space. We were in the old part so I was warned on booking we would not get a water view but the room was lovely. We used the pool, infact we had it to ourselves, and the view up there made up for what the room lacked. There was a bit of a plod across to the new part where the pool is located and I think we lowered the tone going in our robes and towels ! Having said that our fellow lift occupants who were much more appropriately dressed chatted, as did everyone else it seems- such a friendly place. As a runner I found a lovely waterfront track round to the marina so did not use the gym. It looked well equipped though but was on a different floor from pool. Breakfast was really good and was included in our package with parking.

We went to the baseball. We drove into the car park and were greeted with hellos. When they heard our English accents it was straight into have a beer, and more chatting. We had a great holiday touring round Lake Michigan Loop, and the Pfister and its charms did us proud.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Girlystargang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at the Pfister for a night while on a business trip to Milwaukee. The hotel was old and yet so very well maintained; almost makes one feel you are in Europe! The grand ceiling at t hotel the lobby with peals of piano wafting through, the lighting and the rooms were a delight. The rooftop bar was great too. Wish we had stayed longer :-)

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank wanderlust_partha
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here with my Mother and two sisters a few weeks ago. The hotel is very clean and the ambiance is amazing. It has a very rustic feel to it. Our room was on the 12th floor and we had a nice view of the city.

The room was clean and had good amenities. I was surprised to not see a small fridge as most hotels now supply one in each room. The beds were comfortable, however, the pillows not so much. They were very flat. The room had extra pillows and I'm sure you could request more if you needed them. Parking is a pricey $25.00 per night, however, it is right in the heart of downtown and you could also get a room package that includes parking through their site.

The hotel has a few nice restaurants, including Mason Street Grille-which is wonderful. Blu is also a very nice bar on the top floor in which you can get great drinks and a great view of the city.

Overall, I would stay here again. It's close to many popular places in Milwaukee and it is all within walking distance. I would consider this one of the nicest hotels in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top for a nice view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melisx33
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First let me say that I have rated this hotel not based on appearances, but on my experience. The Pfister Hotel is ancient and beautiful, and the service there does it a great injustice as a historical landmark.

My boyfriend and I stayed here August 27th and were booked for two days, however we left after one day, accepting the loss of money due to poor service. It started as soon as we came in. We wished to have a room with a king sized bed, and were told by the front concierge that two double beds was all that was available. I suggested that we go up and look at the room, and decide from there if that would work for us. Needless to say it did not. We were travelling a long way (all the way from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, driving) and needed a fridge to keep our water bottles cool as we had a long drive ahead of us. There was no fridge. In a "four star" hotel I expected better than just a hole in the TV stand where a fridge used to be, or was intended to be.

We called down to ask if there was anything that could be done about the beds. My boyfriend was told on the phone that they were certain something could be done and to please hold. He was on hold for about five minutes and then was told that he would get a call back. They called back about 20 minutes later and told us that nothing could be done. That was that. After getting our hopes up, a four star hotel told us nothing could be done. They did not offer us anything more, just hung up. They were not helpful afterwards, and when I called back to make sure, the man on the phone was flippant and rude.

I must mention as well that our ugly room was located in the newer section of the hotel. It was a sad and disappointing attempt at matching the rest of this gorgeous and historic inn. The toilet was the same one you would find in a gas station restroom. That is not an exaggeration.

I am not a hotel snob. I have stayed at all different starred hotels all over the world (2-5 star), and have never had such deplorable service from a supposed four star hotel. I would have expected this from a two star, sure, and never even would have complained, but this is a classic example of an old beautiful hotel, having suffered the fate of acquiring a tired, selfish and unworthy staff who don't respect the dignity of their guests, and do not respect the history of their hotel.

I am sorry to say that I believe the only reason this hotel retains its four star status is because of it's history. Perhaps the people who rate it respect it more than the people who work there.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Andrea A
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Old school charm, pleasant staff, and it's probably in the best location. Make sure you visit the penthouse bar. It is fantastic. You're paying up for a excellent stay, but I've stayed at other hotels in Milwaukee and I think it's worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Goose1
Morton Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This historic hotel has wonderful service, food, and rooms. I took my boyfriend for his birthday and we had an amazing time. The lounge at the top of the hotel is so romantic and the music was incredible. I would highly recommend this for a great weekend or week day get away from any of the near by cities. It is close to a wonderful art museum and the beach along with other great attractions.

Room Tip: We upgraded and stay in the older part of the hotel in a beautiful suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shotzie05
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited for daughter's birthday. A birthday note, bottle of milk and small and four large cookies were left in our room after dinner. Work of the young lady who checked us in and overheard discussions of birthday. Terrific surprise. Kids also enjoyed the indoor pool with great view. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family