“Recent stay at the Pfister Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Orlando, Florida
“Recent stay at the Pfister Hotel”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at every turn. The concierge has a delightful personality and a wealth of knowledge about the history of the hotel. He made our stay very pleasant and regaled us with stories of celebrities such as Elvis, Madeline Monroe and all the U.S. Presidents who have stayed there.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the front of the hotel. There was a street festival going on and the music...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience and for choosing the Pfister!! Our concierge is truly one of the many treasures here at the Pfister and I know that I can speak on his behalf when I say we will be awaiting your return. Again thank you best wishes and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Walking into the lobby of the Pfister is like taking a step back in time. Beautifully decorated and attired, it promotes a feeling of grandeur that you rarely experience anymore. The checkin and checkout service is excellent. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and nicely appointed. I was on the fifth floor and found myself walking up and down the grand old staircases to view the beautiful antique furniture located on each floor landing. The bar and sitting area off the lobby was a great place for after dinner drinks and conversation. Pricing was quite reasonable though I don't have a lot to compare to in Milwaukee. It will definitely be the place I stay upon a return visit to this city.

1 Thank ThomasP682
Thank you so much!! And we are beyond thrilled that you will be staying with us again. The thing we probably hope for most is such an experience that guests will choose to return again and again. Again we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we wish you safe travels. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff at the Pfister made our stay so enjoyable! The beautiful setting, the personal attention, the Well Spa, and, of course, the wedding reception made our weekend a fantastic time! Our room was located on the 6th floor just below the reception floor, which made it very convenient. Our requests were fulfilled promptly. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Serenitykath
Thank you so much!! One of the great things about being a part of the Pfister is that we get to be host so many special occasion and extraordinary days in peoples lives. Its a privilege and an honor and I think we all take as much enjoyment in it as the those attending. Again thank you for your kind words and we truly hope to see you again.

Best wishes and safe travels.
Orem, Utah
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The service was excellent, the staff was very kind and professional. Whenever I needed assistance, the front desk staff was very accommodating.

I told the staff it was my first time in Milwaukee, and they were very helpful as far as recommending restaurants, sites to see, etc.

While I liked the maid services, I would have liked for it to occur earlier in the day. That was not a big deal for me, however. Plus, I probably could have called to have the room serviced earlier, but I never did.

Room Tip: I chose to be included in their club services, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It gave me unlimited acc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much!! It is so wonderful to not only hear that you had such a n enjoyable time but that the staff was able to make such a wonderful impression on you as well. There is truly an amazing team here and I feel very luck to work with such wonderful people. And thank you for mentioning the Pfister Club Lounge!! Its still brand new and we love to hear that it is being so well received.

Best wishes and safe travels to you and we hope to see you soon!!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have mixed opinions about the hotel and would rank it 3.5 stars if I could. Overall, it is a decent hotel, although I don't necessarily feel the quality matches the price. The rooms in the tower are decently sized and fairly quiet. Depending on the exact room, you might have a partial view of the lake. The gym is reasonably equipped, although it's not especially big given the size of the hotel and thus can get busy. There is a very small pool on the roof, whose best feature is the view.

Housekeeping is subpar with the room never being cleaned before 1 pm and the cleaning being clearly rushed (crumbs from the floor not getting vacuumed, etc.). One night we returned to our room to find out it smelled essentially like a skunk (I kid you not). That got rectified by some sort of air ionizer being placed in the room, but it was still a disturbing experience. There is a garage attached to the hotel but the parking cost is a bit ridiculous given we're talking about downtown Milwaukee and you can compare the rates at surrounding lots. Wifi is extra, which again is annoying at this price point in this city.

The location is central in terms of downtown, although the area directly around the hotel isn't really very busy or happening in the evening/night. Overall, I feel you could do better for the price but if there's a good deal at the hotel, it's worth checking it out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Omar N, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear VVV3. Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to personally apologize for the experience that you had while staying with us. We at the Pfister strive to exceed our guest expectations at all times. If an opportunity presents itself please feel free to contact me at 414-390-3829. Meanwhile I hope that you are having a great day
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for one day on Sunday July 7, 2013.

We were in town for The Eagles concert at Summerfest.

HOTEL CHECK IN: I e-mailed the hotel several weeks before July 7th requesting an early check-in and room in the historic section. We live in Illinois about an hour 45 minutes away. I called the hotel at 7:00am on July 7th and asked if I could get the early check in. I was told the hotel was full the night before and probably would not be able to check in till after 1:00pm. We arrived at 10:00am to check in. To my surprise there was a room ready. Check-in was fast. The staff at the front desk was impeccable. There were several bellmen at the entrance to take your luggage. Parking is in the lower section of the newer hotel and you could either park yourself or get the valet service. I parked myself. The newer section of the hotel is not connected to the old section so you have to take the elevator down from the new section, walk down the hall to the old section and take another elevator up to your room. You need your room key to operate the elevator.

ROOM: Our room was 846 on the 8th floor. It was a very well decorated one bedroom King Suite. The room consists of two rooms: a parlor which functions as a sitting room and a bedroom with one king bed. There is a pull out sofa sleeper in the parlor room. The suite includes two flat screen televisions, a desk, two telephones, safe in the closet, a make up mirror, a hair dryer, Ironing board with iron, a snack tray and a refrigerator

POOL: There was a small pool on the 23rd floor in the new section.

SPA: The Well Spa is located in the hotel.

RESTAURANTS: There are three restaurants and 2 bars in the hotel. The Lobby Lounge and Blu on the 23rd floor are very nice. We had room service twice during our visit and was excellent.

WEATHER: The weather was HOT, 85-90 degrees and humid.

SUMMERFEST: The hotel was 15 minutes walking distance to the Summerfest Grounds. We spent most of the afternoon at the fest. We went back to the hotel to cool off, take a shower, change clothes and get a bite to eat. The Eagles concert in the Marcus Ampitheater started a 7:30pm and was fantastic.

SUMMARY: The Pfister Hotel is a world class hotel with grand elegance and historic tradition. The hotel staff is impeccable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you Pfister management for accommodating my requests. We will return the next time we visit Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Stay in the historic section
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blue_eyes1952
Thank you so much!! What an incredible response!! We thrilled that you were able to enjoy so many facets of the hotel and the city. And of course The Eagle too!! What a great way to spend any vacation. Even if the Eagles don't come back next year we truly hope to see you again for some more Summerfest enjoyment .Best wishes and safe travels.

New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed two nights in June 2013 at the Pfister. The oldest, public areas of the hotel are lovely and fun to explore. The lobby has an old-fashioned magnificence to it, and the exterior of the building transports you to a different time. I appreciated that they have hotel umbrellas you can borrow to go for a stroll if rain is forecast. The oldest parts of the Pfister are just great.

However, my hotel room and most of the rooms seem to be in a more modern tower addition that lacks the pre-war glamour of the older part of the building, but doesn't feel new enough to feel like a luxury hotel. There is too much old-fashioned drapery around the windows and stodgy upholstery. The wooden beds seemed too large for the smaller-size room, and my window view was nothing special. The hair dryer in my room was really terrible. I had come for a wedding, and I actually went out and purchased a hair dryer because the one in the room was so weak.

There is on-site parking, but it is rather cramped and has a lot of blind turns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business