“Old World Elegance with Modernity”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a great place to stay and attend a Gala. Spent a great evening in the Ballroom and one of the old section sleeping rooms. Great beds, bath, etc. They don't make them like this anymore. Staff is very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve L
There are newer reviews for The Pfister Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I will start by warning you that the Pfister is an old-fashioned hotel and the rooms have a "dated" feel to them.

However, besides that the Pfister is truly a 5-star experience in every way. From the moment the valet met us at the entrance, the staff really helped set the hotel apart from your average hotel or resort. The architecture and artwork is extremely impressive, I actually spent part of Saturday afternoon wandering around and really feeling like I was back in time.

According to my wife the spa was very nice and reasonably priced; I spent some time on the 23rd floor enjoying the pool and then having cocktails at the Blu Lounge...probably as nice of a view as you will find of downtown Milwaukee. We had lunch at the Cafe which again wasn't too overpriced with good food.

3  Thank Harry__Hood95
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are good sized. When receiving the lake view, it is always a plus. We enjoyed the piano man at the lobby bar immensely. The breakfast options were quite pleasing, along with the service and quality of food.

3  Thank JerryPChiTown
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Pfister Hotel is Milwaukee's top hotel. Quality and comfort are found everywhere from the lovely Victorian lounge on the first floor to the WEll Spa to BLU looking out at the city. The rooms are cozy and warm, with many fine amenities. Service is available with the touch of a button on the phone and the staff is both courteous and helpful. We have been regulars for over twenty years and have not had a bad experince of any kind...

3  Thank DawnS319
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Pfister is truly a great hotel. I've stayed at The Pfister many times over the years for business and my experience has been consistent. The staff, from the clerks at the front desk to the housekeeping service of my room ... and everyone inbetween, makes me feel as if I'm special. Whoever took care of my room each did an incredible job and I would like her/him to know it (Room 1110 from 3/3-3/7/13). This type of service is rare today. Keep it up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul N
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I spent one night at The Pfister on my trip through Milwaukee. The hotel is very well-kept, elegant, and comfortable. The staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. I would return and recommend to others.

3  Thank DaveW104
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My family and I just had a first class visit to the Pfister this week. At check in, when we told them we were in Milwaukee for my swearing in as a US citizen they pulled out all the stops and really made it a special trip. Heather at the front desk sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room, which was MUCH appreciated! At lunch after the ceremony our lovely waitress came out with a plate of dessert for our table to share. From the very beginning of our stay we were made to feel incredibly welcome and it was so hard to leave after just one night! The suite was gorgeous and the beds were very comfortable. I'd stay there again in a second! Thanks Pfister Hotel!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite, room # 844. I would definitely recommend staying in the original part of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family