The Pfister Hotel
$118
$176
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$67
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$149
$112
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$129
2,057 results
All reviewsmason street grilltower roomblu loungehistoric sectionnewer towerclub accessart collectiontop floorlobby loungebeautiful hotelold world eleganceclub levelolder partlake viewdowntown milwaukeeclassic hotelgrand old hotel
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I feel I did not deserve such luxury and such astonishingly good service. Your bartenders alone make me want to move to Milwaukee; the concierge is now my role model for a fulfilled maturity; and your other staff, including three fabulous bellhops and car valets, made me re-order my experience of hospitality away from my beloved South to the rockiin' upper Midwest. I would cut off an arm to stay there again; and know that your personnel would gladly plant my drink to the leftover hand. You renewed my faith in urban renewal, an appreciation of the past, and the friendliness of real Midwesterners. Bless the Marcus family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Wow!! we cant thank you enough for sharing your experience and in such a way that we could only hope for. And we so thrilled that you were able to experience what truly makes the Pfister, the true heart and soul, the people. Again we thank you and truly hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Pfister. It's a beautiful historical hotel. The service was great as well as the amenities. Make sure to ask for package options. We ended up upgrading to a package that included breakfast for a little extra per day. Well worth it. The Cafe had wonderful breakfasts. The hotel had a great central location.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lbiniasz
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and allowed us to play host to you during your time in Milwaukee. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words. We truly hope to see you again wish you safe travels.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a night here with my wife whilst over from England to see The Ryder Cup in Chicago. What a wonderful hotel. Style on a par with the best Europe can offer being reminiscent of say The Ritz in Madrid or Savoy in London. Staff were courteous and efficient from the moment we pulled up till when we left. We enjoyed a lovely standard corner room beautifully appointed. The hotel exudes elegance and charm with "the grand epoque" blending with upscale modern. A roof top indoor pool is an added bonus or if feeling idle a drink in the cocktail lounge on the 23rd floor may be better with great views.
The only downside was a $30 charge for valet parking as there was a large and cheap car park opposite that we only found later.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge but our corner standard double was great. We were offered an upgrade for a few dollars more but declined..there was no point.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdamsHill
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your post and for choosing the Pfister for your special weekend. We are thrilled you were not only able to be here with us but able to take in so many parts of Milwaukee and the hotel. We hope your travels bring you tom Milwaukee again soon and to the Pfister as well.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My review is based on the hotel bar. Came in on Sunday morning to try one of their famous Bloody Mary's and I'm sure glad I did. Bartender Joe was working that morning and he made an excellent Bloody Mary. This Bloody Mary has the most garnishes I've ever seen one have and it was delicious. Joe gave my friend and I helpful tips and hints of things to go in the city and was super friendly. Stop by for a Bloody Mary next time you're in Milwaukee!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AllyC5

Thank you so much!! We are very proud of our bloody mary's also. It is actually an "award winning" bloody mary and the recipe was conceived by one of our very own bartenders whos been a staple here for a long time and we hope will continue to be for an even longer while. Please come back and visit and hopefully experience one our rooms also. We'd love for you to experience all facets of the Pfister.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

During a recent stay at the Pfister (to attend my first NFL game at Lambeau), not everything went just right. Nothing major but still not just right. After a less than satisfactory exchange with the Front Desk personnel, I was disappointed at how I was treated. I tell my staff that if you can make an unhappy patient become a happy patient, then they will be the best word of mouth advertisement you can have. Well, I want to tell everyone how well I have been treated since my stay at the Pfister. The General Manager has emailed me and called me. My minor matter has been taken care of but, more importantly, I have been treated with the utmost respect. While the photos can show you how beautiful the Pfister, I can tell you that it is the true concern for how their guests are treated is why the Pfister is so successful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CanManSWVirginia

We just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to make this post. Ive always loved the expression the strongest compliment anyone can provide is a recommendation to others. We are indeed terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced but we are thrilled the Pfisters true warmth and hospitality shined through. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels.