“Beautiful and historical”

Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Vallejo, California
“Beautiful and historical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Pfister. It's a beautiful historical hotel. The service was great as well as the amenities. Make sure to ask for package options. We ended up upgrading to a package that included breakfast for a little extra per day. Well worth it. The Cafe had wonderful breakfasts. The hotel had a great central location.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lbiniasz
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and allowed us to play host to you during your time in Milwaukee. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words. We truly hope to see you again wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a night here with my wife whilst over from England to see The Ryder Cup in Chicago. What a wonderful hotel. Style on a par with the best Europe can offer being reminiscent of say The Ritz in Madrid or Savoy in London. Staff were courteous and efficient from the moment we pulled up till when we left. We enjoyed a lovely standard corner room beautifully appointed. The hotel exudes elegance and charm with "the grand epoque" blending with upscale modern. A roof top indoor pool is an added bonus or if feeling idle a drink in the cocktail lounge on the 23rd floor may be better with great views.
The only downside was a $30 charge for valet parking as there was a large and cheap car park opposite that we only found later.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge but our corner standard double was great. We were offered an upgrade for a few dol...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AdamsHill
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your post and for choosing the Pfister for your special weekend. We are thrilled you were not only able to be here with us but able to take in so many parts of Milwaukee and the hotel. We hope your travels bring you tom Milwaukee again soon and to the Pfister as well.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My review is based on the hotel bar. Came in on Sunday morning to try one of their famous Bloody Mary's and I'm sure glad I did. Bartender Joe was working that morning and he made an excellent Bloody Mary. This Bloody Mary has the most garnishes I've ever seen one have and it was delicious. Joe gave my friend and I helpful tips and hints of things to go in the city and was super friendly. Stop by for a Bloody Mary next time you're in Milwaukee!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AllyC5
Thank you so much!! We are very proud of our bloody mary's also. It is actually an "award winning" bloody mary and the recipe was conceived by one of our very own bartenders whos been a staple here for a long time and we hope will continue to be for an even longer while. Please come back and visit and hopefully experience one our rooms also. We'd love for you to experience all facets of the Pfister.
SW Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

During a recent stay at the Pfister (to attend my first NFL game at Lambeau), not everything went just right. Nothing major but still not just right. After a less than satisfactory exchange with the Front Desk personnel, I was disappointed at how I was treated. I tell my staff that if you can make an unhappy patient become a happy patient, then they will be the best word of mouth advertisement you can have. Well, I want to tell everyone how well I have been treated since my stay at the Pfister. The General Manager has emailed me and called me. My minor matter has been taken care of but, more importantly, I have been treated with the utmost respect. While the photos can show you how beautiful the Pfister, I can tell you that it is the true concern for how their guests are treated is why the Pfister is so successful.

3 Thank CanManSWVirginia
We just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to make this post. Ive always loved the expression the strongest compliment anyone can provide is a recommendation to others. We are indeed terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced but we are thrilled the Pfisters true warmth and hospitality shined through. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels.

St. Louis, Mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've had the pleasure of staying at this venerable landmark many times and this time did not disappoint. The hotel continues to be so very well kept. Instead of aging gracefully, it stays young and dignified with grace. There was a bit of 'traffic' around the Artist In Residence, meaning folks were stopping in to see what this was all about. I'd read about it but hadn't seen it before. But was unable to actually stop as I was seeing to my severely autistic son - who's been to the Pfister many times and needs to move through the lobby area quickly. This is the first time my son has brought a laptop to this property and there was some problem getting the access set up. Several times someone had to come to our suite (and very quickly after my calling) and after a few attempts, it was set up correctly. Always, the most gracious and friendly staff. Had a nice pre-dinner cocktail up in Blu. I recommend going up there before dinner to see the view of the lake. It is so spectacular. But Blu is also great after dark - of course the lake isn't visable but the city below is all lit up and also is so spectacular. Many years ago we were up there around 9 p.m. when a big lightning storm was enveloping the city - that is something I'll never forget. Very dramatic. We did have a problem with our bill upon checking out and the front desk person was not as great as what we're used to at this wonderful hotel. So, rather than standing there debating it with someone who seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and seemed to think that 'talking in circles' would confuse me, I just left knowing that I would call the Accounting Dept (I knew I was right which of course is the be all) which I did several days later and stated my case and she agreed and 2 days later I found the adjustment on my credit card. Too bad that front desk person had to degrade an otherwise perfect stay. Guess rotten apples can show up even in the nicest orchards. Anyway - we'll still never stay anywhere else in Milwaukee - The Pfister will always be golden !!!

1 Thank gogirl51
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here with us. We are truly thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience, for the most part, and were able to enjoy so many venues the hotel has to offer. I would of course like to apologize however for the less than splendid experience that you had with the Front Desk. I can assure you this level of service is not typical nor tolerated. And it is something that we will learn and grow from. Again thank you for your post and safe travels.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Pfister is one of my favorites. I've stayed there several times, attended a wedding once, and stop in for a drink every chance that I can.

Most recently I took a trip to Milwaukee for Summerfest and a Brewer game with some visiting friends from Ireland. Everything about our stay at the Pfister was perfect. Great rooms (we took the upgraded 2 room suites), excellent old-world lobby, and great food and drink (Martini's in Blue with a great view). To top it off, the service cannot be better. MIdwest charm and an attention to detail that few even attempt to match.

If you are in Milwaukee, stay here.

Room Tip: We paid a bit extra for an upgraded suite room, which was a two room suite in the original portion o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Airmay
We couldn't have asked for a better post or thank you enough for sharing your experience with us. We are beyond thrilled that you enjoyed your time here with us and we really hope to see you all again soon. Our staff are hands down absolutely the warmest, charming, and most hospitable folks and will be so happy to hear about the impact that made on your stay. Thank you again and safe travels.

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this weekend and had a lovely stay. The hotel is right downtown, with access to a wide variety of restaurants, entertainment and things to do. The lobby is very Victorian, and there is a bar just off the lobby where a pianist was playing each evening- great place to relax and meet friends. We had a room in the newer part of the hotel, with a lake-view (through the sky-scrapers!) The room was tastefully furnished, spacious and very pleasant. We especially liked the bathroom.

Staff were all courteous and helpful, especially the concierge staff.

A word of warning - parking is extra.

Loved Milwaukee and will definitely be back!

1 Thank Rachael M
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Pfister and we are so happy to hear you truly enjoyed your time with us. We strive to provide a Pfister experience in every aspect of our hotel and so glad you got to experience so many of these areas. In particular our "Salve" service. Thank you again and we hope to you again soon.